The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyres ?

suprarob

I have them and they seem fine to me. Grip levels fine in both wet and dry and long lasting:). Though I have an NA so they wont have the torque going through them that yours would. I guess that would make a differance:search:

I have been using avon zz3 for a while now, on my Na supra they are fine, i get great grip and great wet grip, they don;t last long though as they are quite soft, definitely on par with toyo tyres of the same price. My mk3 turbo has been through a set with no problems, unlike the new federal tyres it originally came with, that had me flying down a dual carriageway facing the wrong way in the wet :(

most people have varying views on tyres, but i've used avon for years and they are great for the price

hi guys

Has anyone tried Avon ZZ3,s on there supra I have a price fitted £519.35

for 2 x 235/35 29 and 2 x 265/30 19 Is this a good price ?

got eagle f1s on at the moment

just remember that the tyres are what controls the entire car on the road (handling, brakes, acceleration etc), i would get the best tyres i could ;)

thanks for your input guys

I,m just trying to make up my mind. Having 19 ,s on I am hardly going to be giving the tyres a test around a track.

I just want something that can handle the wet and last a while

I had some kumho tyres on at one point. They were cheep as chips but were dangerous in the wet, and no grip in the dry. I wont buy them again.

keep the replies coming. All opinions welcome :)

If you can afford a little more Toyos are great but dont last quite as long as they are very soft. Michellin Pilot sports are very good. Godyear do some good ones too like the Eagles. IanIan has some good tyres on, but dont remember the name, starts with V:search: Have a search on here for them. Also a general tyre search will bring up loads of results:)

I had Goodyear's and they were great. Then I put some Michelin Pilot Sports on, and they slide all over the place compared to the Goodyears.

Hmmm, interesting that, I found the exact opposite, found the MPSs were a lot more grippy, out of interest running any tweaked suspension or anything like that. Curiosity more than anything else :)

I do rate both Goodyears and MPS though :)

Hmmm, interesting that, I found the exact opposite, found the MPSs were a lot more grippy, out of interest running any tweaked suspension or anything like that. Curiosity more than anything else :)

I have the Bilstein/Eibach combo. What pressure were you running? Someone recently told me that the michelins need to be run softer, which is why they reckon they were sliding...

I have the Bilstein/Eibach combo. What pressure were you running? Someone recently told me that the michelins need to be run softer, which is why they reckon they were sliding...

Interesting, exactly the same combo that was on the car that we fitted them to. I can't honestly remember the pressure, but found the outright grip was definitely better (I will add if those people reading this literally... I am talking about a small difference here, not the difference between cores and tread kind of sliding)

Well, I since softened them and found the grip was fine, and am now waiting to see where the wear occurs to see if they are too soft. On another aside, the MPS are higher than the Goodyears (both on 30 profile) and I had to roll the arches to stop them touching over bumps...

I'm a 17"'s man of course, and yes I VERY firmly believe having a small side wall would affect traction and general grip. ;)

I thought so:) Makes sense to me:) An MPS in 17s will surely handle better etc than in a 19inch version.

• 6 months later...