The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally bought it! I am now a proper member!!

Guest Budz86

Guest Budz86

Finally bought it! :D

Drove for 2 hours to look at this (which isn't a great distance, but when it's that hot and you have no air con...)

It is a 1996 stock N/A. Bodywork is perfect, engine runs sweet and she handles like a dream!

As far as I can tell it is a good deal. Car was imported in '98 and has all the MOT's and loads of history with it, even has a Japanese safety flare (why they had these I don't know!).

Drove 100 odd miles back home today, part of which was round the M25 - a road I hate with a passion...at least until I drove it in a supe! Saw another supe briefly that turned off at Crawley and if it wasn't the fact that my dad was following me back I would have been tempted to give it the beans to see what is what! :eyebrows:

I am stunned at how tight the steering felt and how in control I was - I expected it to be a lot more violent. It is such a comfortable drive and I am really pleased with the fact that it is stock. I can now shape it into the car that I want, with my own touches on all parts! I know this won't be mega quick yet, but it should be looking respectable in the next couple of weeks for Santa Pod.

Will keep you posted on the progress, and be seeing you at all the meets I can get too! (Hoping the first will be Reading on Tues)

DSC00109.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

Guest Budz86
Glad you got one mate :)

Thanks Matt, will be up too see you in the near future as she is stock there is one or two things I'm considering. Exhaust mainly firstly I think.

Apple - You will be impressed, took me a while to find one that didn't have any problems but got there in the end.

Bught this from a dealer too, so has warrenty. Also got him to agree to a new MOT, if there is anything that cost's over £50 he will pay for it!

Guest Budz86
Very nice mate, congrats, can I be rude and ask how much as you brought from a dealer ? :)

£3.5k, which I thought was quite good from a dealer. Especially since it has 3 months warrenty and 12 months MOT

Guest Budz86
Nice to see you have bought a standard one and not one with a stupid ott kit.

Its looks really smart you should be pleased.

I am mate, absolutly love it! Can't wait till she is taxed and ready to be used! Hopfully happen tomorrow if the post office accept a copy of my insurance certificate.

Well done on the purchase, looks like a lovely, unmolested Supra :thumbs: A rare thing indeed :)

And for once (and this is bloody rare for me to say), I don't think you paid over the odds for it.

It looks tasteful, tidy and fine right now, please don't mutilate it, none comic book ones are getting rarer by the month :)

Amen :D

It looks tasteful, tidy and fine right now, please don't mutilate it, none comic book ones are getting rarer by the month :)

Its funny that i went to see a trader today(i wont mention who) when looking for a supra for my mate, This trader seemed to think supras without kits looked ugly. He reckons people much prefer the HEAVILY kitted ones and he wouldnt be able to sell standard looking ones. I just had to laugh and walk away:blink:

Edited by dannysupratt (see edit history)

Guest Budz86

Don't worry Chris (or anyone for that matter!) I won't be 'mutilating' this. I want some nice wheels, exhaust and the windows tinted.

Maybe a subtle body kit, but that will only come with a re-spray. New light's will also make a difference (so if anyone has a glass set out there you are'nt using PM me to discuss).

Don't think there is a great deal else I want to do with this, I bought a supe because I love the way they look. Don't see the point in changing it too drastically! :)

Looking good there Budz.

Just like the way I picked my car up. Stock shape and nearly BPU 'enhancements'. All I added were a Nur Spec exhaust, OEM skirts, spats and some other subtle cosmetic stuff.

Whereabouts in East Sussex are you? Will you be coming to the meet on the 27th July?