The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Universal Lambda sensor

Chris and Alana

Hi guy's I was searching fleabay and came across this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BN-Universal-4-Wire-Zirconia-Oxygen-Lambda-Sensor_W0QQitemZ120280949742QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120280949742 has anyone used a universal lambda sensor or used this perticular one? Will it fit and work in a TT? there are dimensions on the second pic of his add. Seems a good price seen as a genuine toyota sensor is likely to be 4times the cost and the only difference will probably be a connector plug. Thanks for any help :)

This is a pic of the stock O2 OEM sensor, there are members on here who have fitted universal ones and later fitted genuine OEM ones after not having good results.

At today's prices a new OEM O2 sensor is around about the price of a tank of fuel, if your current O2 sensor is duff a new one will soon pay for itself in fuel saving.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8579/p1020548ge6.jpg

Thanks nic, always there to help out as usual :) could you PM me a price for one just so I know what Im looking at paying? I have a list of things I want to sort out on the car and it's getting expensive :( oh, while I remember, could I get a price for a new ash tray and auto surround also if it's not too much bother :) thanks again

I wouldn't bother changing untill it's broken!

You know the saying;

If it aint broke, dont fix it

If it is..... Kick It ;)

Yeah I suppose, it passed it's MOT the other week so if it was nackered I suppose it would have failed. I thought about changing it as my mate has mentioned that when I accelerate hard I get a small puff of black smoke which I figured meens it is running slightly rich, or is this normal :search:

I have used universal lambdas before with no problems, not that particular one granted, but there is no reason why they can't be used providing they fit, most are all produced by one of three major manufacturer's anyway, like a lot of things, std type lambda is only a glorified switch anyway, people make such a big deal about them, bit like oil:rolleyes:;)