The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Almost finished - Interior Revamp! Lots of pics!

Pabs

Hey All,

I've owned my Supra for 4 months now, and I knew the interior was a bit dated. Over the last 2 months, I've been

working on giving it a new lease of life ;)

Here's what I have purchased:

Carpet Dye

Metal Monkey Custom Supra Dials

Pioneer DEH-5000UB USB/MP3 Stereo

Autoleads DIN Pocket

White Dash LED bulbs - also used some of these for front sidelights x 4 and interior light

White LED footwell bulbs

Heckler White heater control conversion

Switch blanking plates (spoiler)

New Dash Panels

Infinity Reference 6522si rear speakers

Recaro Speed Seats

Bride Seat Runners

TASKS CARRIED OUT

Remove seats, carpet, mats and dash

Clean/vacuum everything that was in the car (especially under the carpet - found lots of money too!)

Dyed the main carpet and boot carpet black. Also floor mats.

Neatly re-wired kenwood active subwoofer in boot using new shielded phono leads

Removed Active spoiler ECU and switch, and then installed blanking plate in switch location

Installed Pioneer MP3/USB Headunit

Changed connection on rear-window aerial to standard aerial connection, and now used as main aerial.

Installed Autoleads FP-006 DIN Pocket

Installed Infinity reference 6522si speakers in rear

Relocated Blitz i-colour boost controller to centre console glovebox

Replaced Heater control unit with Heckler LED conversion

Installed new dash panels

Fixed rear fog-light switch

Installed white LED bulbs behind main dials, ignition barrel, and cigarette lighter

Installed Metal Monkey Stainless Dash Dials

Installed LED lights in roof light

Installed LED lights in footwells

Installed LED sidelights (x4 as I have facelift sidelights wired in too)

Installed new rails and seats

The total transformation took around 8 hours work in total, most of which were to dye and replace the carpet and

sort out the dash dials. I can also remove the rear aerial from the car completely when the car goes in for

some major bodywork, as reception from the rear-window aerial is more than adequate for my needs (most of the time!) That said, I might opt for a stubby aerial as I have had some reception issues recently.

Obviously I sold a lot of bits too (old stereo, seats etc) and I think the overall cost for me to do all of this was about £450.

Enjoy!

New Recaro Speed Seats:

Metal Monkey Custom Dials:

New Dash panels, stereo, and a bit of bling:

Newly Dyed black carpet:

Relocated gadgets for the OEM look:

That looks really nice. Clean, effective and subtle.

Bit of wishful thinking with that speedo eh?

hehe - yeah! :) Thought what the hell.... it'd be empty space otherwise!

Before pic can be seen in my garage with the old seats/stereo etc.

Thanks guys - I'm trying to get a clean, OEM style interior, with a few choice enhancements here and there. Seats are very nice - still not sure if to get a harness for the drivers seat, but I don't really think I'd make use of it.

Also thinking of swapping the heater control knobs for OEM ones, so the only chrome bits are the backings to the dials etc.

The white dashlights look very clean though! Much better than the green colour as standard. Not sure if I should do the ODO/Clock blue, as the green doesn't really go now. Decisions... :D

Lots of questions RE my seats it seems:

They are "Ambla Leather" - in other words - Fake leather. They are one of the cheaper options they have, Recaro do NOT make real leather speed seats.

TBH - I think the fake leather is fine - looks the part, feels the part, costs nowhere near as much! :D

Handbrake cover - unsure I'm afraid - was on the car when I bought it - suspect it could be a momo item, or perhaps a momo copy?

Well folks,

As requested, here are some more photos of the white LED conversion.

I did the whole dial cluster myself, as well as the ignition barrel, but I couldn't bring myself to do the AC control unit - so that was dealt with by the master Si (Heckler) :)

Unfortunately the chrome faces make the dials look blue in the pic, and they are slightly tinted, so I might remove these. Not sure yet.

Main Dial cluster:

AC Controls:

Interior Light (roof):

Footwell light:

And strictly speaking, it's not interior, but engine bay is close enough! This shows the new Golpher radiator, along with some custom heatshielding around a brand new Apexi Power-Intake filter.

Love those seats, they're gorgeous! Are they the same model/design as used as the optional ones from Toyota?

Really well done Pabs, thats one of the nicest interiors I've seen, very tasteful and just goes to show you don't need a ton of bling to have a nice cabin

Right - seat info is as follows:

Recaro Speed seats in "Ambla leather" trim - one of the cheapest options you can choose. Didn't like the standard cloth material (same price) and the suede was about £70 per seat more expensive, and would only be the center section. Ambla leather is FAKE leather - I was told Recaro do not do a proper leather trim. (at least not for these seats)

These are identical to the OEM recaro seats (as far as I know) but obviously with a choice of trim.

They cost me £600 all inc delivery etc for the pair. The subframes are Bride - got these from Paul Whiffin for around £230 inc delivery and paypal fees etc. So, about £830 total cost. Take the £550 that I got back from selling my previous seats, means the total cost to swap was about £280.

IMO - a well worthwhile upgrade. This was far cheaper than getting OEM recaros and then a full retrim. Again, IMO - the fake leather is great - matches the rear seats well, easy to maintain and with the center sections of the seats being removable easy to clean if required.

Anyone interested - speak to Joe Beales at Capital Seating - I contacted him when I saw the seats listed on ebay for £310 each.

Thanks for all the nice comments! To think I had no supra knowledge when I bought the car, I've had the interior fully stripped out in the 4 months of having it! It's easy when you know how :) If anyone wants a closer look - I'll be at the Reading meet tomorrow, and hopefully the Basingstoke meet on Sunday!

Hope this helps!

Damn - knew I forgot something.

Yes - reclining adjustment and ability to tilt forward for easy rear-seat access.

No height adjustment - but I'm told that is dealt with in the subframes - so if you want this you'll need different subframes.

I can supply subframe info if reqd. - just need to find receipt. I *think* they are the Bride RO, but please, nobody hold me to that!

EDIT: All necessary bolts supplied with the seats to fix them to the subframes - 6 bolts per seat in total. Reuse original bolts for mounting to car, and obviously original seatbelt clips.