The mkiv Supra Owners Club

remove door card

Guest Nizam

It's easy peasy when you've done it a few times. You will need a phillips head screwdriver.

From memory, remove 4 screws from the very bottom of the door card, these have a hex head if you manage to mash the screw heads. There's one screw in the handle that you pull to open the door (once the screw is removed, remove the surround as well), another in the handle that you pull to close the door. After that there are 5 more fasteners to remove, 3 at the front of the door and two at the back, round the side. To remove these, gently push the centres in until you hear a click. Once they have clicked, you can just pull the fastener out. (To get these back in, push the middle bit back through the fastener until it sits just higher than the head - don't worry, it will be obvious once you see them!)

That's all the fasteners out, now you need to pull the card towards you slightly and then lift the card upwards, it appears to hang from the top of the door. The first time you do this it will be pretty stiff, just give it a good shove holding the bottom corners of the card.

In true Haynes manual fashion, fitting is the reverse of removal ;)

Hope this helps, after doing this about a dozen times during my stereo installation I honestly believe I could do this with my eyes closed!