The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car feel slow.

Pig

The car seems to be running slow at the moment.

Its not lighting the wheels up in the same way it used to.

1st no traction at all

2nd spinning freely

3rd fighting for traction

Now it seems to be fighting in second and fine in 3rd.

Im running 1.4 bar and havent had a chance to watch the boost gauge to make sure its holding boost.

Now, i havent used the car for over a month but im just wondering how other people are finding there singles (e.g traction issue)

Sorry its so vauge but im a bit paranoid that something might be going wrong with it.

Spec

T61

Fully built engine

Manual

Stock UK old suspension

Stock 17's

Toyo's good tread.

well it is a lardy uk spec:innocent:

sorry could not resist, are you sure its not just the fact of driving diferent cars for a month like the rs that has made you forget how it used to drive

I am wondering that. Im also thinking it might be something to do with the fact that yours is so much faster ;)

Its not long till the mile straight day. Maybe that will help me keep an eye on the gauges.

If only the insurance co. would let me has nos :(

Hows your car running gaz? Have you moved any further on getting it quiet?

I think it's just down to the hot weather we've been having, earlier this year 2nd gear was a no go area for me even limited at 1 bar. At the moment even when I switch to full 1.4 bar my traction in 2nd in fantastic. I have recently replaced the rear tyres (for the same brand/model) so that will also be having somewhat of an effect.

I think it's just down to the hot weather we've been having, earlier this year 2nd gear was a no go area for me even limited at 1 bar. At the moment even when I switch to full 1.4 bar my traction in 2nd in fantastic. I have recently replaced the rear tyres (for the same brand/model) so that will also be having somewhat of an effect.

Thats what i wanted to hear. Putting my mind @ ease.

Thanks.

i still struggle in 1st 2nd 3rd i get a slight slip sometimes in 4th:blink: i just went out for a quick spin and it feels different to me its been 2 weeks since i last drove her:( not had chance to quieten her down yet, i need someone with a supra dragger for sale/px

Edited by gaz1
spelling (see edit history)

Despite you having a built engine, if you are 'kicking the living poo' out of it as you often say then id probably be saving for a rebuild :p

Quiet that man! I cannot afford another so it must survive.

I'm always thinking my car is fast one day & slow the next, some days like you say it struggles for traction, others it doesn't, that's one of the reasons I bought that RLPB thing so I can do some benchmark tests to see if the car is slower, or it is in my head, usually it's in my head :D