The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trader her in for one of these?

CardiffSupra

Over the last few months iv become a little bored of my Supra, I don't get the buzz I used to and it no longer feels as good as it did. Iv been thinking about getting an Aero top or going bpu but i still don't think that will make me happy again :(

She has been great to me and it would kill me to sell her, Still don't know if i could bring myself to do it.

I was out with the misses in Bridgend shopping last week, they had a few cars out in the shopping centre with sales men walking around etc, It was then i spotted a beast of a car for very little money. It was a (here goes :innocent: ) Ford Mustang GT, It was New for £17.999 I think, This was just the basic model, When i got home I jumped on t'internet to have a look at these beauties. As far as i know the v6's are 210bhp and V8's are 300bhp, The 210 would be to slow but the 300 could be perfect, Spotted this one on autotrader http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/FORD+MUSTANG/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-88-240-4294966429-4294967194/advert.action?R=200805302848359&distance=133&postcode=cf371ns&channel=CARS&make=FORD&model=MUSTANG&min_pr=9000&max_pr=&max_mileage=

Anyone driven or know much about these? Id have to save a little, but for a newish car it sounds pretty good. And yes yes I would rather the Rousgh or Shelby too :)

Also I dont go around corrners fast and I don't mind a plastic dash :)

What you think?

This is a blinding deal and a hell of a lot faster than a mustang:)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/600791.htm

Crikey that is rather cheap considering all the work that's been done.

I've just been into Leeds and followed a black Mustang back for some of the way, it looked nice enough, sounded good etc, something a bit different for sure and lots of potential for more power I presume.

Ive had a few new mustangs, they look awsome with a few mods, but unless you spend a bit on them power wise they are a bit boring.

The roush and the saleen are both good cars, but not cheap when you have payed all the duty.

I would wait a while i missed a 2006 corvette z06 in tampa auction for $48000 there getting cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...

The mustangs are a bit different for sure.

i love crusing in them V8 sound is always a headturner around the town square :-)

its a way more relaxed car than the supra in both the suspension and motor. its a cool car and you actually can go to the track to have some fun but the suspension once again is relaxed.

i for one love the mustang ( ive owned 2 V6 and 3 GT V8s)

for me i like the more grippy power of the supra (the supra drinks more fuel than the mustang belive it or not).

the spares are actually cheap if you buy direct from the US (otherwise you will be skinned).

if its a change of car and some headturning your after and you dont mind lower fuel cost and a more relaxed ride you could do a lot worse.

Mvh

Patrik

Things to think of is normal situations they are huge very wide and long so would be a pain to park and to "just pop to the shops" in also with the roads like they are you may find it too wide for B roads.

Have you ever driven one of these then? I drove one for a few weeks last year and I'm sure it was smaller than a Supe...

(goes off to look up the dimensions.....)

*edit* Mustang is 2.6" wider and 9.9" longer.

Didn't feel bigger though....and it's certainly not too big for our 'B' roads!

Edited by Soop Dogg (see edit history)

My brother had a 2005 mustang gt not a bad car but not the best built car either to plastic and flimsy. He spent alot of money on modify his but then got bored of his one bought a m3 instead much much better the drive of that compared to the mustang wow. His mustang is still up for sale if ur interested?