The mkiv Supra Owners Club

service bits & what oils to use

Paul372

i am going to get my auto tt supra fully serviced, i ve got trd oil filter, nkg spark plugs but i need to get a fuel filter is there anything else i need because am supplying all the parts, and what engine oil do i need to use and also what trans oil and diff oil please cheers, nearly forgot and how much litres of oil do i need to get

IMO theres no need to get a TRD filter for your car, the standard Toyota one is fine and prob alot cheaper :) Engine oil is a matter of opinion, a decent semi synth should see you right. As for auto box and diff, I only ever use Toyota type 4 in my 'box, not cheap but the best. Diff, is it lsd or not? That will have a bearing on the choice

cheers is there anything else i need to get for the service

When was the oxygen sensor last changed? Well worth fitting a new one with the price of fuel as it is.

What condition are the brake pads in? A quality set of pads, decent fluid and stainless steel brake lines will make a big difference.

See FAQ for info:

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=56684