The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is a VW R32 faster than a BPU supra?!

adnanshah247

hi people, i have a race coming up with a freind who has for ages been buying loads of cars to try beat me but i have woooped his ass with the sup every time.

i have beaten so far:- an Evo 8, a BMW 330ci, Lexus Altezza, Skyline R33, Integra Type R and a Scooby.

Now he has just bought a VW Golf R32 (2007) with full SMG gearbox. I be honest i was never worried about the other cars the sup beat them all but this Golf is madness.

You think i can beat him with my BPU sup??? any tweeks i can do for a little more power???

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rather than buying a whole load of cars which have less power than the Supra, why doesn't he just buy one with more, which would stand a chance?

R32 is 250 bhp and not a lot faster than a stock GTI if I remember rightly what they said on Top Gear. BPU should demolish it, although will depend on what race (drag, track etc) and driver skills

well the arguement between us is he said to me that spending £10k on car for its speed is dumb and that he could get a fast car for that much which is better. so far he has flopped really badly! (he's jealous of the sup) now i said ill raise ur budget to £15k and he managed to get an R32.

I was in the throes of arranging a test drive in a Golf R32, but a wiser person than me pointed out that I'd owned a stock Supra TT for a few months at that point and I would be hugely disappointed with the performance. I seem to recall Top Gear pointing out that everything about it was twice the original Golf GTi - twice the weight, twice the engine capacity, twice the power, twice the weight, thrice the price, twice the weight, oh, and 4WD. All in all, shouldn't be an issue for you :D

yep a 93 tt rz sup import.

Ahh mate, you are going to wipe the floor with his VW R32 even if he has spent ££££ on his Golf! He's in dreamland.

If he thinks a FWD 250BHP Golf can beat a 320 BHP RWD 3.0 straight 6 twin turbo Supra, then he needs to wake up and smell the coffee lol...:D ;)