The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just tried my car with no bov

miko_supra

I removed the stock bov and capped the ends on the manifold as i wanted to check to see if it was leaking (it was.) I was expecting to hear compressor stall, but it just sounded pretty much the same as stock. Which now makes me wonder why if it is a sound suppressing device, that there is hardly any sound to suppress in the first place?

Guest carrotts

i get it in my 200sx.. i've got an ssqv qith the adjuster wound all the way in. get the budgie noise at half throttle and the normal TSH at full boost!!

well i'll give it another go when i put my restrictor ring back in as after taking the bov off the boost went from the 16psi i have it set to, to 21psi

if removing your bov gave you an increase in boost (and of 4 pounds) then it is leaking like a b***ch

i would put the bov back on but dont plumb up the vacuum line that way its leaking will keep your boost lower enough to do a full boost lift off and wont dump the boost in the process;)

then if you still dont get the chuff..chuff..chuff, you know you have 2 leaks:p

You wont hear compressor surge with the stock airbox

yes you do;), my turbo and intake side is stock, with a k&n panel and the surge is loud even sat in trafic, slightly quieter with the stock filter but still there and the HKS filter is inbetween the 2 volume wise;)

i get it in my 200sx.. i've got an ssqv qith the adjuster wound all the way in. get the budgie noise at half throttle and the normal TSH at full boost!!

same here;) just not on a 200sx..:p

the budgie noise....

Vid??
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif
:D never hear a budgie do that:)