The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cat D write of

Guest Budz86

Guest Budz86

Just run an HPI check on a potential supe, came back as a CAT D which the owner declined to mention, even when asked if it had been in any accidents.

Can someone clarify what a CAT D is? Phoned Adrian Flux but they couldn't really tell me. Interested to find out how you would get a CAT D back on the road and what checks it would have to go through.

Thanks

Dean

Edited by Budz86 (see edit history)

CAT D may not be anything to worry about as long at the repairs have been done to a high standard.

The fact that he has not told you anything is alarming, although he may not be aware himself depending on when it was registered as a CAT D.

If he is aware then what other things is he hiding?

Guest Budz86
Just be aware that a cat d will be worth less in the eyes of the insurance companies.

Yeah, just found this out. They can still insure it for the same price, but it won't be worth as much should there be an accident :(

In 2 minds about what to do now, prob won't end up getting it just yet since it's a bit over-priced, no tax and will not be insured for a decent ammount.

Yeah, just found this out. They can still insure it for the same price, but it won't be worth as much should there be an accident :(

In 2 minds about what to do now, prob won't end up getting it just yet since it's a bit over-priced, no tax and will not be insured for a decent ammount.

he basicly lied to you, don,t even think about getting it;)

Guest Budz86
CAT D may not be anything to worry about as long at the repairs have been done to a high standard.

The fact that he has not told you anything is alarming, although he may not be aware himself depending on when it was registered as a CAT D.

If he is aware then what other things is he hiding?

He says he wasn't aware and they can sometimes take a while to record it on the DVLA's system. Does anyone konw if that is true?

I am just not getting a brilliant feeling about this one, so it's the sensible thing to walk away I think.

Guest Budz86

Pretty much decided thats what I'm going to do. Not worth the trouble. I would prob still contemplate buying it if I could get the insurance company to put an 'agreed valuation' on the policy, but just can't be bothered!

Guest Budz86
Has it got RX8 alloys on? The linky no worky...

As far as I can see.

And it's not a 6 speed.

Just realised how hard buy a supe really is! Seen loads but something always happens to stop me buying it!

Guest damelza

you know i've seen stuff go through auction as Cat D and you would never have known unless you had gone in and checked with the office first before bidding.....

I personally wouldn't bother in that situation but if it is only cosmetic then there is not much lost. Just the valuation like you say.

Like we have all noticed recently ... look at what you can get for 2/3 k now.....