The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Garage in Bradford

_Lynz_

That seems cheep for and aerotop Lyndz. It doesnt look too bad though. I'd like to see some more pics especially from the engine and interior. You're going about this the right way though mate, I would have lost it by njow and just bought anything:d

Oh, i dont know the garage by the way.

TBH if it was me i would buy a TT just because it would burn MR D (Ste) up inside :D Only joking but i would be very careful and probably buy something out of the club that has been cared for, for example for the same money you could have this:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=155739

All just IMO.

PS if you do want to look at any cars locally Im sure theirs a few of us NW lot that would come with you if you wanted a second opinion :)

TBH if it was me i would buy a TT just because it would burn MR D (Ste) up inside :D Only joking but i would be very careful and probably buy something out of the club that has been cared for, for example for the same money you could have this:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=155739

All just IMO.

PS if you do want to look at any cars locally Im sure theirs a few of us NW lot that would come with you if you wanted a second opinion :)

That one has gone Rob, I am going to see one from the Forum on Sunday but just trying to have a look round and about first.

The TT idea has crossed my mind but then I got an insurance quote :blink::(

PS thanks for the offer of help, the problem is trying to find them local!!

That one has gone Rob, I am going to see one from the Forum on Sunday but just trying to have a look round and about first.

The TT idea has crossed my mind but then I got an insurance quote :blink::(

PS thanks for the offer of help, the problem is trying to find them local!!

Is the difference that bad Mrs D? I've heard of people getting roughly the same quotes for TT and NA.

Good luck though. :)

That doesn't seem right TBH. Is that a quote for an NA mk3? Or even a UK?

Offer still stands to scope out anything you see down south :)

I did it via the autotrader website from a link on a MKIV and it asked me the year of registration and the engine so I assumed it was correct.

Thanks for the offer Rich;) Don't worry the maple syrup one's on me

Yeah I've emailed my details to them twice now requesting a call back but not heard anything... not too impressed if I'm honest.

have you tried calling them, they are registered on here too.

Those prices are so out of sync, shouldn't be that different ;)

Yeah I've emailed my details to them twice now requesting a call back but not heard anything... not too impressed if I'm honest.

Yes I had the same problem. I even forwarded the details to the rep on here when he apologised publicaly and promised to deal with it, but he still hasn't given me a quote. Utter waste of time.

As for the garage. Low Moor is not a nice area so I wouldn't expect much from them to be honest.

Surprised if NA was that much cheaper than TT, as it was never a UK car, so the insurance co's bump the price up. As Rich says, I think they've given you a quote for a MkIII, happen all the time - you need to know the exact engine discplacement to get it right (I think you want 2997cc)

You after a pancake off someone:d

Ssshhhhh. I was trying to be subtle :D

I did it via the autotrader website from a link on a MKIV and it asked me the year of registration and the engine so I assumed it was correct.

Thanks for the offer Rich;) Don't worry the maple syrup one's on me

I made the mistake of assuming they knew what they were talking about, but they still got it wrong! That was Adrian Flux as well, after I'd specified that it was a "UK mark four Supra" :rolleyes:

One large maple syrup for Chan :D

You could also try dropping them a PM on here too with your contact details - I find they answer their phones pretty quickly and tend not to leave you hold for hours and hours and hours :)

Surprised if NA was that much cheaper than TT, as it was never a UK car, so the insurance co's bump the price up. As Rich says, I think they've given you a quote for a MkIII, happen all the time - you need to know the exact engine discplacement to get it right (I think you want 2997cc)

I think the mk3 was slightly less CC's than that, so that sounds about right.

Guest Straker

OMG ... That's my old Supra, I bought it on 16th March 1999 and owned it for eight 1/2 years ... I've still got my original finance document for it, I paid £16799 for it then ... lol ... anyway ... I part ex'ed it in September of last year for a twin turbo sup, I got £2500 for it ... I was originally going to get the scratches and dents sorted and then go for a full re-spray, but after owning a N/A for such a long time I ended up going for what I really wanted ... a TT :)

Edited by Straker (see edit history)