The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tax On the supra

toyotasupra1980

Hiya all, due to our mp's in london car tax is on the rise and so is petrol prices, my auntie has to pay £400 for road tax on her 4x4 which brings me to the question how much is it to tax the Toyota supra now???

I did pay £180 before the tax change, my tax is going to come to an end in october 31st this year.

Guest Budz86

Just been looking into this as the car I'm about to buy is SORN. Think the new tax laws only apply if the car was manufactured before 2001, but sometimes the DVLA make a mistake on the documents that put the import date as the manufacture date. This is probably easy to solve if for example the car says made in 2003, because we all know they were stopped in 2002.

Check out this though:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012524

Its only the beginning.....

I expect the regime will bring in some law whereby your emissions will have to be recorded yearly and you will pay tax according to a determined level so as your car gets older you will pay more.

But feel better because our tiny little island can save the world :rolleyes:

I am interested in a silver 1994 Supra TT GZ Auto which has a "M" plate but has been imported January 2008. This car has been registered in the U.K. but I wonder if when I register it in my name the £400 tax will pop up. There are no Co2 emissions on the V5 at the moment, Does anybody think this is because the car is over 10 years old?

Spoke to an accountant friend at the weekend who is up on all things like car tax too and he is adamant that the emissions on the V5 is irrelevant and the tax is only based on the year of manufacture.

I told him what a lot of people had posted on this forum and that they've spoken to DVLA etc but he's still certain.

Spoke to an accountant friend at the weekend who is up on all things like car tax too and he is adamant that the emissions on the V5 is irrelevant and the tax is only based on the year of manufacture.

I told him what a lot of people had posted on this forum and that they've spoken to DVLA etc but he's still certain.

Interesting, and makes sense to me. I think Sonicsoop should push the matter further.

He is a fool. The one person here with the emissons on the log book is getting raped by the dvla. Im the only one with a rating on mine and no CO2 levels and i pay the normal rate.

Come on silversoop......

Just rebooting this for Silversoop, sorry about getting the name wrongv above, :rolleyes:

Keener, if your friend can provide any more info it would be welcomed.

Jonah thanks for that. 2003 and normal tax provides precedent for anyone contesting dvla.

Regards

Andy

just got my tax renewal through £185, mine was imported in july 2003 and has no emission reading on the v5, if it had an emissions figure on the v5 it would have cost me £400 (so the dvla tell me)

Im here!

I see i was eagerly awaited lol! I spoke to the DVLA and they said because it has my emissions printed on the V5, just to basically bend over!

I have no comebacks, its ridiculous, but i have no choice BUT to allow Gordan Brown to help himself to my wallet!