The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's New Supra Project!

JamieP

Picked up my new car today, 6 speed TT with only 34,000 miles, very happy with it, drives so nice.

Body will be staying stock but with a few carbon add ons.

All the spanner work is being done by LeeP @ Supra Racing Developments

Mapping by Ryan at 2bartuning

List of parts i have brought so far and quotes from the manufactures.

Boost Logic T67 dbb .68AR Turbo kit

# T67 Precision Turbo .68ar

# Boost Logic Ceramic Heat Coated SUS321 Tig Welded Tubular Header

# Tial 44 mm Wastegate

# 4” Stainless Steel 304 Downpipe

# 4” Stainless Steel 304 Midpipe

# 4” Aluminum Intake Pipe

# 2 1/2" Aluminum Intercooler Pipe

# Braided Oil feed and Return Kit with Aeroquip fittings and Lines

# 4" AEM Filter

# K&N Breathers (x2)

# High Quality Silicone Connecters

# Clamps and Miscellaneous items.

# 620-670rwhp

Brembo 6-Piston MonoBlock 14.0'' Big Brake Kit

Wow, Brembo has done it again! Introducing the finest big brake kit ever made for the Supra!

This newest kit makes use of Brembo’s stiffest cast caliper, the 6-Piston Monoblock. This caliper is found only in Brembo’s High Performance Gran Turismo Kits. The 6-piston caliper distributes forces more evenly with the extra pair of pistons along the bigger pad for a greater swept area to give the driver more modulation, longer pad & rotor life. The monoblock caliper means no bolts holding the caliper together. For the same size it is lighter weight and stronger. This monoblock 6-piston caliper is physically bigger than the F50 4-piston yet it weighs only 0.4lbs. more!!

This 2-piece system rotor system weighs in at a significant weight saving as compared to your stock rotors and calipers.

Boost Logic Front Mount Intercooler

This the largest intercooler availabe out on the market!! Our front mount intercooler has enough flow to support 1500+ RWHP. Our endtanks are made of 5000 series aluminum alloy and is .125" thick. The intercooler has a 3" inlet and 4" outlet and has 3 support locations on top and 2 on the bottom. Both endtanks come standard fully polished. No cutting is required to fit the intercooler in the car and the stock bumper support does not need to be removed.

HKS TI 4" exhaust

For extreme horsepower applications, the HKS Racing Muffler system, constructed of 102mm diameter stainless steel piping, a 170mm Titanium muffler assembly and a 115mm tip, is the lightest system and the highest flowing exhaust system HKS has to offer.

Stage 3 RPS Street Max Clutch

RPS's MAX Series clutch is a perfect for medium duty use like bigger turbos, more boost, and NOS. This clutch will hold 600ftlb of torque

Solaris S6GP

Welcome to the home of Solaris. A new breed of high end engine control solutions. Developed from technology used at the highest levels of motorsport, Solaris ECUs provide the user with degrees of control and function previously only available to the motorsport industry.

Our products have been tailored to bring you these high end features combined with the flexibility more road-car biased ECUs offer. http://www.solaris-ecs.co.uk/s6gp.php

DASH2 Display Unit

The DASH2 is a slimline, water resistant (IP65) data display system, with a custom LCD screen and a diecast aluminium enclosure for use either as a standalone unit or with our range of data logging products. With configurable display screens, independent alarms and the ability to accept signals from up to six external sensors when used in standalone mode, the DASH2 can be tailored to fit almost any automotive display application. With a suitable ECU adaptor the DASH2 can even receive and display data directly from your engine management system. http://www.race-technology.com/dash2_2_31.html

HKS DLI

The Twin Power ignition amplifier incorporates both the CDI and transistor method ignition to provide optimum spark duration and maximum voltage output

Power Enterprize 800cc Drop In Injectors

The most reliable & precise injectors, co-produced with DENSO, Exclusively offered by Power Enterprise and currently used by the WRC, Time Attack & JGTC.

Innovate LM-2 Wideband

The LM-2 combines an air/fuel meter, a full function 32-channel datalogger, and powerful software to deliver a complete tuning workshop for less than the cost of one dyno day. Whether you have a piggy-back fuel controller, race carb, aftermarket ECU, OBD-II tuning software, or a flash/chip programmer, an LM-2 is the measurement tool you need to dial in maximum HP.

Tein Super Street coilovers

Bosch 044 Fuel pump

Very high flow pump originally designed for the K-jetronic systems of the Audi rally cars. Supports over 600bhp.

Driftworks oil cooler kit.

This is a complete kit comprising of a -10 19 row oil cooler, -10 oil cooler hoses and a thermostatic sandwich plate with -10 fittings.

Tial 50mm bov

The Tial BOV is the best quality USA-made BOV on the market. The housing is made of 6061 Aluminum and this BOV has a 50mm opening to dispel air through

R7436-9 NGK Spark plugs

Apexi EGT Gauge

Apexi Boost Gauge

Few bits left to get but im getting there, also want to get a uk bonnet vent on it and i have a areo front lip.

I will keep this thread updated with the cars progress.

Good to be back:)

Boostlogic T67 turbo kit

water line kit

Boostogic FMIC kit

HKS dli

RPS street max clutch

LM-2

Power enterprize 800cc drop in

R7436-9 NGK Spark plugs

Apexi EGT Gauge

Apexi Boost Gauge

HKS Ti 4"

Tial 50mm BOV

Silicon pipe

Bosch 044 fuel pump

Driftworks oil cooler

Clutch release bearing

AEM water/meth kit

Boostlogic Turbo blanket

Solaris S6GP

Greddy intake manifold

Q45 throttle body

JUN cam gears

JUN Camshafts 256/256

Brembo 6-Piston MonoBlock 14.0'' Front and Rear Big Brake Kit

Tein super streets

19" Sienna Generation split rim with Toyo R888 295/30x19 and 235/35x19.

Recaro seats from an evo 8

Bride seat subframes

Carbon spark plug cover

APR carbon rad plate

Tein strut brace

Steering boss kit

Momo steering wheel

Spare 6 speed TT diff

Facelift headlights

DASH2 Display Unit

Fitting Dash2

Clear front and side indicators

Pillar gauge pod

Thor speedo converter

Alpine head unit

Zunsport Front Grille

Geo set up

Leather retrim

Update.... 8/8/2009 managed a 10.9 @ 126mph standing 1/4mile at suprapod today.

Click here to watch JamieP on track part 1

Click here to watch JamieP on track part 2

Click here to watch Dash2 display

parts001.jpg

parts004.jpg

parts005.jpg

pump.jpg

carp006.jpg

carp007.jpg

carpa001.jpg

bl001.jpg

bl007.jpg

bl004.jpg

11004.jpg

111003.jpg

111001.jpg

111002.jpg

ev8002.jpg

turbo5.jpg

cooler1-1.jpg

intercooler.jpg

brembro4.jpg

brembo7.jpg

brembro5.jpg

dash2 005.jpg

aero spoiler 001.jpg

005.jpg

006-1.jpg

002.jpg

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RPS clutch

Tial 50mm BOV and HKS DLI

LM-2 wideband.

Boostlogic T67 DBB

Boostlogic heat coated manifold

Boostlogic 4" downpipe and mid pipe

Tial wastgate

Lee did a compression test before starting work on the car.

1 - 185

2 - 185

3 - 185

4 - 185

5 - 190

6 - 189

Engine as when he started work on it.

Stock twins removed.

Turbo and exhaust installed.

New brakes

New fuel pump in.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Do you need a fuel pump :D

Sure do;)

Thanks guys, glad to be back in one.

Ive machine polished it 3 times and hand washed it 3 times today, coming up nice now, final hand polish and interior left to do, engine bay is saturdays job:)

Its not very quick yet, still limited to 112mph:D nice to drive but cant really compare it to the Monaro.

I know theyre world apart but how does say a Single Supra as your previous one compare to the Monaro VXR?

Good stuff....

I see you have come over to the dark side... black that is. :eyebrows:

I'm very happy with my t67, on a .83 housing though, I'd recommend getting both so you can try it; I have not tried the '68 as I'm more than happy with the '86 and my egt are so low!!!

Supprised you are not tempted to a set of eagle rods.. lighten the engine up a bit...?

also suspension.. you going to make this one handle?

oil cooler?

and what maifold?????

cast?

either way remember to fit a support!

Edited by Mike B (see edit history)

Good stuff....

I see you have come over to the dark side... black that is. :eyebrows:

I'm very happy with my t67, on a .83 housing though, I'd recommend getting both so you can try it; I have not tried the '68 as I'm more than happy with the '86 and my egt are so low!!!

Supprised you are not tempted to a set of eagle rods.. lighten the engine up a bit...?

also suspension.. you going to make this one handle?

oil cooler?

and what maifold?????

cast?

either way remember to fit a support!

Its a complete Boostlogic kit.

Boostlogic tubular manifold.

Oil cooler is on the list to get and im torn between a CW suspension setup (its just he is so far away) and a coilover kit.

Any help would be appreciated mate, especially getting the twins off:)

Gonna start it first week of august:)

Thats the worst bit :D

Best to have a read of Tony's Blitz Install thread for a good guide on removing the stock twins :)

You're welcome mate. Glad to see you made it home OK. Drives alright doesn't it? Apart from the weird way the clutch has been adjusted so it doesn't bite until your knee is touching your chin.

Jake was in raptures just a few weeks ago that he got that car, and that it was a very rare and very clean, low mileage example of an unmolested Supra.

Now just a few weeks later he sells it, and the world loses yet another stock Supra.

A sad day IMO

I see what you mean but I'm not the Supra Preservation Society. I said I wouldn't mod it myself but I can hardly dictate to the new owner what he can and can't do to it, can I.

Besides, I'm sure Jamie will make a very nice job of it and I for one can't wait to see what he does with the car.

Subscribed with intrest :D

Do you recon you will have all this work done, run in and mapped by 4th october? WOuld be good to see it on the track day.

Its the same turbo kit im looking at and would love to know what it feels like :innocent:

What are your plans for the fuel side?

im torn between a CW suspension setup (its just he is so far away) and a coilover kit.

I'm not trying to be a CW groupie, but the CW setup murders any other setup I've ever owned by a hugely substantial margin. It will give you some much more traction and confidence that it is the most important part of my car. On track, on the road, it's THE single most impressive thing I've ever done. His geo set is also asymetric from what I can tell, and I could never go back.

I always revered the handling and chop soaking abilities of our R34GTR and the CW setup puts it on par or even ahead of that now.. and on a sup! but it only works on 18" and close to stock offset. It's not only the chops soaking, handling and confidence, but I would say that rear wheel traction went up 30-40% with his setup... that alone means full traction 3rd gear in the wet with a T67... well almost...:innocent:

I may have waited 10 days while he did it, paid a good whack, and driven half way across the country, but he knows his stuff.

I have 7kg +47 offset wheels going on this weekend to finish it off. :eyebrows: