The mkiv Supra Owners Club

headwork - minimal

bolarbag

After taking the advice of a few on the forum(many thanks) it appears there is no need for headwork in terms of machining e.t.c at my current stage of tune(stock bottom end)

I'm going to do the valve stem seals as a precautionary measure but would like to know what will I get away with and what needs done

While the cam covers are off I intend to replace:

Valve stem seals

Cams with HKS 264's

Cam Covers fitted with -12AN Welds

Cam Cover seals

Cam Cover Washers

Cam cover bolts

All with the head in situ - however(again for a precautionary measure) would it be safe to change the springs while I'm there, and perhaps have a spare set of collets? Anything else needing changing, the VSOS arent even worn yet, but I may use this engine for 10k - maybe 5who knows, everything else seems fine, but is there any other things I should change while I'm there

When I go to my next stage of tune will I be able to retain the existing valve stem seals in the head e.t.c i.e just lift it straight off with buckets e.t.c in situ or am I dreaming and they need redone again?

At the moment I'm looking for the minimum head work done just now but to retain the HKS Cams so I can get a bit of summer use out of this

opinions please