The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rebuild Opinions Please

_Shane_

Lads my supra is booked in for a full rebuild in 3 months time. Now I want your input on all the good bits and bad bits that i have to

face. Im getting marty @ SSI to do the build for me. Remainder of

parts are been purchased in the next few weeks.

1 Questions I have for ye now regarding my build.

Im going with Brian Crower or HKS 264 cams in and out, got BC valve springs here and will be purchasing Ferrea valves . Are these needed for rebuild or will stock valves do the job. Excuse my ignorance now when it comes to some bits but thats why im posting on here cause there aint no better boys to be getting the answers from.

Lads can ye advise me or whats needed etc what parts are a must

and what parts can remain oem ?

Cheers

going single dean

Have you decided on the turbo yet?

I know you were buying bottom end stuff, would be worth listing everything you have for the build so far including the fuel system details, ECU, clutch, intercooler, radiator etc and your power expectations and driving requirments (street, drag, dyno queen :D)

worth getting the components right now before you start

Have only a few parts so far

AEM ecu and 3.5 bar map sensor

AEM boost solenoid

BC valve springs

HKS DLI

Precision 880cc injectors

HKS cam pulleys

Eagle rods

Cp pistons been ordered this week along with the 264 cams

and a hks 2.0 head gasket

Going getting the fueling sorted by kyle, titan rail, fuel reg with the gauge and all the

fittings and lines. Already have 1 walbro so will be adding in a second pump also.

running Blitz fmic, 52mm ASI radiator (will prob add in the twin fan setup too)

powerwise, well wasnt in a quicker supra apart from my own, not much over here unfortunately. Powerwise, dunno really cause bhp over here is all over the place, every

rollers gives a different reading lol.

Bringing Ryan G over to fit and map the ecu when the build is done

Turbo wise im thinking of hks t51 dbb

I would speak with Ryan, he has mapped a couple of these turbos now, they are very BIG turbos and release the power quite late in the rev range so a slightly higher rev limit would be useful but will require the head to be looked at, the more knowlegable on here will be better to advise on exactly what gets the best out of the T51, UK rich has this set up, maybe work a PM to ask him his thoughts

Good luck and keep us updated with the build :)

Very different kits, the only common part is the HKS manifold, although saying that I think PHR are using a different manifold now.

yes, but they are lovely:d

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/8623/6manifoldsly2.jpg

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7914/wgsidejp1.jpg

Have only a few parts so far

AEM ecu and 3.5 bar map sensor

AEM boost solenoid

BC valve springs

HKS DLI

Precision 880cc injectors

HKS cam pulleys

Eagle rods

Cp pistons been ordered this week along with the 264 cams

and a hks 2.0 head gasket

Going getting the fueling sorted by kyle, titan rail, fuel reg with the gauge and all the

fittings and lines. Already have 1 walbro so will be adding in a second pump also.

running Blitz fmic, 52mm ASI radiator (will prob add in the twin fan setup too)

powerwise, well wasnt in a quicker supra apart from my own, not much over here unfortunately. Powerwise, dunno really cause bhp over here is all over the place, every

rollers gives a different reading lol.

Bringing Ryan G over to fit and map the ecu when the build is done

Turbo wise im thinking of hks t51 dbb

i tell ya what come up to the north and i can show you loads of supras running big bhp including SSIs own demo model;) mine will be along the same lines after next winter as its in SSI now getting the full engine build done similer to your own:cool: