The mkiv Supra Owners Club

4" exhaust?

JamieP

GReddy do a 90mm/3.5" version of their Ti-R exhaust (100% titanium), I use the 80mm/3" version on my own car, not too loud (rated at 92Db) and very light at only 5kg.

There is a sound clip here of mine

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/9612/016ew5.jpg http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/4830/017zh8.jpg http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/3695/018qu8.jpg

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

4" is only really needed 600hp and above and even then a 3inch would do

I bought a 4inch thinking i may go big mental power in the future, but I probably wont, in fact I know I wont

The HKS is a nice exhaust but if I had a fabricator I'd have done my own modelled it on similar design but with a Burns resonator and borla inline mufflers to tone the noise down a little

The exhaust is light for being 4inch but its not full ti so not as light as you'd think

Get yourself the Veilside Ti Paul W is selling or the Greddy Ti, thats full Ti afaik

Why 4"?

3" would be adequate for the type of power you're going for and will give better ground clearance. What diameter downpipe/midpipe you fitting?

Ive got a 4" down and mid pipe so thinking keeping all the same, plus i like loud:)

I have my HKS Carbon Ti coming off in a couple of weeks to go quiet.... interested?

Couple of dings to the back box but other than that fine i think.

edit: oh and its 4 inch.

Yup very interested, let me know what you want mate.

Ive got a 4" down and mid pipe so thinking keeping all the same, plus i like loud:)

Is it the 4" PHR downpipe and midpipe?

I have these on mine, wish I'd gone for 3" instead, but it was all that was in stock at the time. With the added diameter of the V-band it gives poor ground clearance. I also had fitment issues with it hitting the cross member brace underneath, so had to be modified.

I have my HKS Carbon Ti coming off in a couple of weeks to go quiet.... interested?

Couple of dings to the back box but other than that fine i think.

Isnt that only 95mm? And is it V-band? I have a FR 4inch MP connected to the HKS ti and as its 100mm its very close sealing - lucky its V-band as the V-band centres it all up

Nice exhaust though, and it could easily be worked upon to fit any mp - although I rather work on the mp than the exhaust

Edit: Cant believe your going through all the hassle of going single again - your nuts ha!!

Edited by bolarbag (see edit history)

I sell a 3.5 DPMP that has been flying off the shelf because its made to clear the firewall and have just as much flow as the 4" because it doesnt have a tight bend off the turbo.

I have a few exhaust in stock if I can help!

Thanks,

Joe

Can't find any 4" Japanese branded exhausts, these are the biggest there are:

HKS Silent Hi Power - 3.75"/95mm

Apexi N1evo - 3.75"/95mm

Amuse R1000 Titan (Titanium) - 3.5"/90mm

http://www.webamuse.co.jp/new/products/r1/img/jza80_r1000.jpg

Trial Titanium - 3.5"/90mm

I need loud:D but not droney.

BL it is then :D At one of the large supra meets in the US they tested a whole load of exhausts on singles, the BL on a 4inch system was the loudest.

I didn't get any drone on mine, it was just bloody loud - all the time.

My HKS Ti Racing was very loud (even on a 3" DP/MP combo), I had a new backbox made to quieten it from 107db to approx 100db. It has an awesome tone to it though :D. Ground clearance isn't great but adequate. I'm going 4" DP/MP as soon as I get the T51R on too :D

i will also be putting my veilside teardrop titanium up for sale soon too as i want hush hush for track days, but i am limited to what exaust will fit the do luck rear as it needs to be a straight out exaust:(

I will need an exhaust in the next 3 weeks, let me know mate.

but is it loud, i think thas what jamie is after;)

Oh did I forget to mention it is loud,GT race car loud, but I can still have a conversation in the car. If Jamie wants loud, as in OTT curtain twitching loud, there is a clip on You tube of , a single supra, with I think GT74DBB turbo and an unsilenced BL 4" straight through. The trouble with camera clips is the sound quality, but it does give the general idea.