The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Transmission fluid in coolant

j_jza80

My friend has accidently put some auto transmission fluid in the radiator instead of the red coolant in my old UK TT auto. I've currently got him flushing the system out now. Will this have any detrimental effects to the cooling system?

I would suggest some form of detergent, remember oil and water don't mix. I've used a citrus degreaser in the past with good success.

yea I agree with this, low levels of citrus cleaner mixed in water, run for a little bit. rinse and id repeat it twice or until the water coming out does not have much oil floating on its surface

Seriously, even I know better than that! :D

Come on, just own up :p

We have all done silly things...my list is so far includes, pulling the wrong sump plug and rewiring the entire washer jet system because I had forgot about the little button on the stalk.

Come on, just own up :p

We have all done silly things...my list is so far includes, pulling the wrong sump plug and rewiring the entire washer jet system because I had forgot about the little button on the stalk.

When I first got my car I drove to the station to catch a train and found that I couldn't get the damned key out of the ignition. I was going ballistic in the car trying to yank the key out. The train pulled in, the train pulled out, still the key wouldn't shift! Aaarrgggghhh!!! I'VE MISSED MY TRAIN!!! Aarrrrggggh!!!! Damned car!!!!

....oh look, I've left the car in DRIVE .... .... oh, the key comes out. :blink:

Man, did I ever feel like a carbon firble.

When I first got my car I drove to the station to catch a train and found that I couldn't get the damned key out of the ignition. I was going ballistic in the car trying to yank the key out. The train pulled in, the train pulled out, still the key wouldn't shift! Aaarrgggghhh!!! I'VE MISSED MY TRAIN!!! Aarrrrggggh!!!! Damned car!!!!

....oh look, I've left the car in DRIVE .... .... oh, the key comes out. :blink:

Lol,:D

Yep, I did the key thing the 1st day I had mine. Luckily though not in that kind of situation though;)