The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra smokes a Ferrari F430!

Veilside

Isnt that the norm? I beat a 430 before at bpu, I guess their low on torque

I would say that was probably more down to your driving. Those f430s are really fast, although a little lacking in torque. A 360 wouldn't be too much trouble for a bpu Supra in a straight line, but these f430s are in a different league.

The engine's output specifications are: 360.4 kW (483 hp) at 8500 rpm and 465 N·m (343 ft·lbf) of torque at 5250 rpm. The F430 will reach a top speed of 197 mph (317 km/h).

Curb weight 1450 kg (3197 lb)

We only started around 60leptons and both let off around 140leptons, he pulled two car almost instantly then I gained, I had about a car length and a half on him, was close I'll give him that

My car still had 1st cat in place though, I hope I see him again when my cars done:eyebrows:

I liked the vid coz the f430 is my fav. car at the moment. but the F430 is a very nice looking pussy magnet. i saw one the other day and the engine noise and it pulling away was orgasmic!

although in the above video at one point i thought the ferrari was going to pull away as it started to gain bt then the supra as usual made us raise our heads high!

F360 modena shouldnt be too much of a problem for a decent supra though, its been done many times and is the norm i think.

I liked the vid coz the f430 is my fav. car at the moment. but the F430 is a very nice looking pussy magnet. i saw one the other day and the engine noise and it pulling away was orgasmic!

F430 is not a great looking car in my opinion. Rear is v.ugly like the enzo. If the enzo and f430 had hyundai badges I am sure you'd agree with me. Don't let that horse fool you :D

F430 is not a great looking car in my opinion. Rear is v.ugly like the enzo. If the enzo and f430 had hyundai badges I am sure you'd agree with me. Don't let that horse fool you :D

lol thats true! like with most ferraris the rear's look rushed and nothing special! but its very true the prancing horse and that yellow badge is a turn on!

IF I owned a 360 or 430 I would not care a jot if a 15 year old Toyota took me on and beat me, so what, I am the one sitting in a 50K+ sports car that has the best sounding engine in the world and came with all that power as standard, let the boy racer go I say

I'd completely agree - but on this occasion the rari was driven by a boy racer so I thought why not;)

He didnt look that bothered mind

Hmmm... I hope they dont classify all supras as boy racer cars.

;)

I think your right, most f430 owners would think like that.

I personally rate cars on looks, build quality, exclusivity, sound of engine and performance (not necessarily in that order).

Age, cost and value of a car for me are immaterial :cool:

Was it *wait for it, wait for it* a well sorted single Supra?

EEEEE I've not said that for ages.

In the time I've been a member here I've seen it go from Singles beating all-comers, to BPU beating all-comers and now sub-BPU taking on the world.

At this rate it'll be the NA brigade taking on Gallardos and GT3s AND winning by the end of the year.

If you wanna see what a F430 can pull from a roll in 1.6 mile check this out, 177mph, I managed 178mph running a GT4088R @ 1.6 BAR.

If you think a sub-BPU Supe can give up 2 cars lengths then pull back 1.5 car lengths in 60-140 pull then I call BS, sorry to be so harsh but that's just how I see it

I beat a GTI Diesel Pug of some sort the other day by about quarter of a mile(just cruising man);then the little sod shot right past me round a roundabout.Shouldn't be allowed.

Ah Pugs and roundabouts! I went round one so fast in mine that, while the Pug was fine, I actually flew out of my seat!

If you think a sub-BPU Supe can give up 2 cars lengths

Sub bpu but 394 ft/lb at 2750rpm, and 391.5bhp at 5800rpm[Dastek Chasis Dyno], my restriction would have came in the form of high egt's, I could have freed up more power but cant imagine much more

Had grip in all gears, and I reckon I'd have given that 1.6mile top speed a run for its money:eyebrows:

I had an F-con controlling fueling,

Off topic, was that 1.6mile a rolling start and at what speed, hows your traction and are you full weight?

Sub bpu but 394 ft/lb at 2750rpm, and 391.5bhp at 5800rpm[Dastek Chasis Dyno], my restriction would have came in the form of high egt's, I could have freed up more power but cant imagine much more

Had grip in all gears, and I reckon I'd have given that 1.6mile top speed a run for its money:eyebrows:

Off topic, was that 1.6mile a rolling start and at what speed, hows your traction and are you full weight?

I have 360lbs.ft & 365bhp so close enough to you to compare- I too went up against a F430 on a Vmax day and got absolutely slaughtered both off the line for a 1/2 mile sprint and then again for a 80mph

There has been almost every Ferrari made in the last 20 years turn up to Vmax and I've never beaten one yet. Looking at Jay's & Ian's results too suggests the F-cars are a tad quicker than a lot of people on this forum give credit for.

About 50/60mph I reckon, sorry if my origional post came across a tad aggressive, it just gets my goat a little sometimes. Also mine has quite a bit weight reduction (now at 1480kgs) and traction is excellent (I run 295 R888's all year round), only get wheelspin in 1st in the summer when the R888's are fully up to temp

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)