The mkiv Supra Owners Club

If you experience HID's troubles...

Konrad

... like bulb going off after few seconds, short loud buzz in ballast and light going off or not going on at all, light going off out of nowhere etc. and you already have relay harness installed - you should try and open your ballast.

I did open mine today to find out, that "waterproof" is not always a case with those :p There was some dump, some drops of water and slight rust getting onto circuit board. I did clean it up, removed and dried paper designed to catch water and sealed it again from BOTH sides using headlights sealant (it was Tiger something). Ballast is in perfect working condition again and this time I'm pretty sure there is no chance water can get inside :) So if you have "shot" ballast - open it and clean it before you will throw it away.

Nice to meet you on Thursday at Kerons. Did you get to the bottom of the rattle on your turbo? Took me 4 hours to get home, feckin M6. Nightmare.

Good tip about the ballasts, mine are going in this week, so will silicone prior to mounting:thumbs:

Engine is pulling very good (well except that my bloody clutch started to slip :rolleyes: ), still had no occasion to find reason of this rattle. Got stuck at M6 too :p

It's good precaution to silicone ballasts, less headache and messing with headlights/cables/connectors later on :)