The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need some advice on front crash bar??

bobapple

Hi Gentleman, Iam new to the sight will do a proper introduction when my cars ready :p. My name is Bob if you didn't guess :D. I have a 93 jspec tt.

Now I had a bump in my Supra a couple of years back now I had It fixed but on the cheap money problems then and that. So the front bumper was never perfect. I have managed to get a second hand one and looks sweet. Went to look how long it would sought of take, noticed the reinforcement bar was pushed back onto what I guess is the front chassis this is only on the drivers side. So where the 4 plastic false screw things at the top of the bumper under the rubber attach the bumper dont line up properly and the place that bodged it just drilled holes through the bumper and frame and screwed it down!?!?!. So my question is are the crash reinforcement bars hard to take off when dinked and are they expensive to replace??. Am I best just following the bodge I would prefer to do the job properly but dont wanna be stuck with no front bumper?

Sorry for the essay before the introduction hope you guys can help cheers very much.

Bob

pic speak a thousand words mate;) i had a similar bump about 6 months back these are the bits i needed, but i went under a rangerover and all damage was at light hight

if your ally bar does need replacing i think you should cross your fingers and hope the bar did its job and got squished saving the chassis behind it;)

part pics 2 i want.JPG

and the bumper reinforce bar (52029-14030) was £45.53 inc vat from mr toyota (i couldnt get a second hand 1, 1 week before christmas:))

i think from your description this is the part you have bent? i bolts to the wings either side and holds/supports the bumper below the headlights

Yes need new one of them but also 52021 which has squashed back on one side :( this I am told bolts to the chassis rail which is why I am scared? My bro was out there when I had the head light out today he seems to think it didnt look bent just scared I have damaged the ends where it bolts on? But many thaks turbo brett big help I am such a newb.

Damn missed your post mate just ordered the bar from QSD and the frame from toyota, should be here wednesday. Just tried to have another look cant see much but the bar isn't completely squashed just the side closest to radiator drivers side, has been pushed back and has bent the frame 52021. So hopefully wont need any chassis repair just need the parts and the rain to stop.

alluminium (52021) is very soft its there for a reason;) i hope for the best for you

(but to be honnest if the chassis leg is in good enough condition to be able to unbolt the ally bar i cant see it being that bad if at all)

and unless it smacked the mot tester in the face (very bent) i doubt they would notice;)

Edited by TurboBrett (see edit history)