The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS Super SQV or The New HKS Super SQV Racing

Chingy

Hi

Getting a BOV next week, looking at HKS Super SQV or The New HKS Super SQV Racing .

Sound is great and all that but main concern is which one is more suited for the job, Running HKS T04z at 1.5-1.6 bar 607BHP, boost comes on hard and fast at low revs, The Super SQV Racing is good for up to 3bar 800bhp but is this over kill for my setup, don't want it not fuctioning at lower boost. On the other hand the HKS Super SQV better at lower boost but is it up to the job of what i'm running:search:. Any direction please:)

OK weird but my car didn't have a BOV when I took delivery. It made a very BOV noise but I am told that the noise was the air chattering back through the turbo. Now I have a replica BOV and it just sqwooshes. If I go ballistic it still does the recirc through turbo thing. How bad a thing is this really?

With your setup I'd go for the Racing version, the sequential action of the BOV means it will open at low boost and high boost. I use the older Racing BOV on my own car.

If you'd like prices just let me know.

OK weird but my car didn't have a BOV when I took delivery. It made a very BOV noise but I am told that the noise was the air chattering back through the turbo. Now I have a replica BOV and it just sqwooshes. If I go ballistic it still does the recirc through turbo thing. How bad a thing is this really?

Thought it was also but stange that when I got my car, also didn't have a BOV, been fine for past 4months until split the intercooler in half due to the compression surge:(.So i would guess not a great thing to have but suppose depends on how much boost you run

With your setup I'd go for the Racing version, the sequential action of the BOV means it will open at low boost and high boost. I use the older Racing BOV on my own car.

If you'd like prices just let me know.

Thanks Nic, could you let me know the price Racing SSQV, also required Alloy weld flange to suit. And ETA on something like this:d