The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice needed Tyre wear

nige

Need some advice guys, had a puncture today my mate spotted it when i was stopped at the garage,tried to inflate but nothing, as you can see by the pics I think I had a close call just glad it did not blow at speed,I think the screw finally saved me,I had the four wheels lazer alligned 10 months or so ago did the tech get it wrong? what do you suggest?

The other tyre looks like it is wearing on the inside edge to but not quite as bad, they are the rear tyre's, rims are ultralight nurbergs 18's,thanks guys.

P1020803.JPG

P1020805.JPG

P1020809.JPG

Rear geometry is way out.

has the car been lowered from the stock ride height? If so it will need FULL adjustment, not just toe but camber too. Looks like the camber is way out. Mine was the same until I got it fully adjusted. There are quite a few places that will do a full geometry adjustment. I went wiht the Lance W settings and it was MUCH better. Cost £216 though!!

Hi mate no I think he adjusted the toe and alignment,he gave me a print out and mentioned that he would have liked to have got more adjustmnt on one of the wheels,saying that it only cost £90 cause the bolts etc where easy to loosen,dont know if that makes it clearer.

Revolution will do you alignmet for you. They first check everything and get a computer reading of whats out. The most they charge for the whole thing is £142. I had mine done the other week and it feels like a new car.

What a load of old toilet!!! That looks like unless I am mistaken a goodyear eagle F1. That outside edge is very very soft and does wear quicker than normal. Yep you've got a bit of extra camber on the back, thats a good handling attribute on these cars. Take it off and see how badly the car handles in comparison. If the wear rate bothers you get the Falken 452's as they have a tougher outside edge band. Seriously chap that is no where near an accident waiting to happen. You've been unlucky picking up a screw though. As for the puncture side did you really expect it to inflate with a puncture?