The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to relocate radiator overflow?

jevansio

I currently have a Greddy overflow bottle located in the stock airbox location:

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=10246&d=1202033352

I would like to build a cold airbox there with a large filter so need to move the overflow.

Any ideas where it can go, I don't really fancy putting it on the other side as there are a load of electrics there due to my inlet manifold moving the fuse box.

I would ideally like it where the stock SMIC was or ontop of the FMIC. Ontop of the FMIC would need a different shaped tank (long & thinner). Anyone have theirs located in these places? If so I'd appreciate directions to where you got your tank / fixings please

How about moving it to the right hand side as suggested, but get a longer bit of pipe so as when it does over flow/spit on your spirited runs it drips out to under the car, rather than in your engine bay??? The top cap is sealed so that it the only place it can go, down the pipe?:search:

theres a space under the headlight, that where i put mine, you can use the holes for the active spoiler to mount... however its a pain checking the coolant as you have to take the headlight out everytime :(

Any space above your fmic ?

There is Col, I'd need a different shaped tank though, longer & thinner, is there anywhere that sells generic tanks in various shapes?

How about moving it to the right hand side as suggested, but get a longer bit of pipe so as when it does over flow/spit on your spirited runs it drips out to under the car, rather than in your engine bay??? The top cap is sealed so that it the only place it can go, down the pipe?:search:

Mmm yeah, I guess that would work, I'd need a different tank as the Greddy doesn't have a pipe coming off for the overflow from the tank.

theres a space under the headlight, that where i put mine, you can use the holes for the active spoiler to mount... however its a pain checking the coolant as you have to take the headlight out everytime :(

That's ideally where I'd like mine Ric, any details on the tank / fixings, or did you just make a custom bracket. I don't mind it being hard to check/fillup.

it was the standard overflow tank on the supra, had 2 little L brackets which fixed to the lip of the chassis rail, however i cant remember how they fastened to the tank :(

Cheers Ric, I'll keep my eye's peeled for one and see how I can attach it

• 2 months later...

this airbox that you are about to build, what material are you going to use and exactly what will it cover and how will it look like?

I have a short ram air intake at the moment with the twin stock air feeds, would like to protect the intake from hot air from the engine bay.