The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new Isotta Katiena steering wheel

AndrewOW

nice one mate - I like these wheels and the momo millenium too... but think I may still go for a TRD one if I can get the money together!

Out of interest - you got any useful tips for removing the standard one? Bit worried about the airbag :(

nice one mate - I like these wheels and the momo millenium too... but think I may still go for a TRD one if I can get the money together!

Out of interest - you got any useful tips for removing the standard one? Bit worried about the airbag :(

It was so much easier to do than I was even anticipating. There are two plastic covers, which are either side of the steering wheel. Pop them out with a screwdriver, then undo the 2 'brassy' torx screws (really, really stiff!).

Take the front of the steering wheel off and the airbag should come with it as a complete unit.

Undo the electrical (horn, cruise etc) connections and undo the hefty nut in the middle.

I left the nut on a little bit, as I'd heard how violent the wheel comes off the splines, but it came off without too much hassle.

I gradually assembled the new wheel, including the Whifbitz boss kit and put it all back in place, making sure the wheel went on the splines straight, and not on at a 'rotated' angle, then did all the allen bolts up.

I do need to get a couple of spade connectors for the horn, but other then that it was really simple to do :)

Oh and most importantly, make sure the battery is disconnected, because as well as stopping the airbag from exploding by accident, the horn keeps going off while trying to undo the torx screws, even with the ignition off. Gets quite annoying!

It took about 30 minutes to do the complete job. HTH :)

thank you mate!!!!

Did you get the boss with cruise control? Any complications there?

Ever since I had the car de-restricted, the cruise control hasn't worked, so I just put the standard boss kit on.

I'd imagine that connecting up the cruise control will be as easy as the horn, but taking it off the OEM steering wheel may be a bit fiddly, unless the kit comes with it ;)

Cheers Rob. Amazingly easy job. Lets hope it doesn't fall off on the first roundabout!