The mkiv Supra Owners Club

built engine, what would you do

gaz1

ok i have a built engine (a mate was supposed to be having it and changed his mind) i know some of the spec

CP Pistons

HKS 256 + 264 cams

Head ported, 5 angle inl & 3angle exh valve job.

HKS 2.0mm headgasket

ARP Head, Main and Rod Studs.

now the bores are quite badly scored (possibly because it was built in an unclean enviroment)

now it does not matter who built it and how i got it,

just thinking what i should do with it as i don,t really want to spend thousands on rebuilding it:(

All depends bud what sort off money is he looking for it

The head alone would be worth having if it has got uprated springs retainers etc

If its dirt cheap maybe have your block board to take the pistons etc ???

no its mine but mate does not want it, so i have it and not sure what to do with it:d

Strip it, Clean it, Hone the block, fit new rings + gaskets then give Ryan a ring and ask to turn the boost up on the T67 to 1.7bar and rev to 8000rpm :)

Ryan

Indeed, So you can pay a traders fee now you're doing this full time ;)

It does matter who built it and where it came from, as that'll determine how long it will last :blink:

I used to build F3000 DFV engines at Tickford many years ago LOL.... and unclean means poor quality all down the line. A full inspection (with all measurements checked) & rebuild is your best bet :D