The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi everybody! :)

Guest r8weg

Guest r8weg

Hi. Thank you for welcoming me.

First post on here, about time too, had the Supra just coming on 4 months now. I bought it with 72,000 on the clock, now just coming upto 80,000.

It's a daily driver and ongoing project to make the ultimate daily driver. So far it has been a blend of mods and reverse mods to tidy up the previous owners efforts

Will post proper details in the garage section when I can work out how to! Here's a taster:

1997 SZ None Turbo Auto (facelifted series) in Toyota Black (it's just black!)

Mods by me (oldest first)

• Brown leather interior from UK car had dodgy bucket seats in when bought car)
  • 18x8 & 18x10 TTE Wheels with 235/40 and 275/35 tyres
  • Rewired rear lights so rear fog is integrated into main units
  • A very good CD unit
  • Fixed rod type aerial in place of electric one (broke)
  • Clear side repeaters
  • Clear front marker lights (From Lexus GS series)
  • Fitted standard exhaust! (more mid range than the 3" that was fitted)
  • K&N Panel Filter
  • LPG conversion with Sequential Injection and 70 litre boot mount tank (12p per mile - cheaper than running a diesel! :p)

Mods in progress (I have the parts just not fitted them!)

• Apex adjustable shocks
  • New washer fluid resevoir and bigger pumps (old resevoir was leaking)
  • Pop out DVD and screen (was fitted but broke on 1st day, not good :angry:)

Future mods planned
    • HIDs for dip beam and fog with conventional uprated bulbs for main beam
    • UK spec front brakes with grooved discs all round. proper brake ducts to front brakes now standard washer bottle has gone
    • Freeview TV Box (mainly to get some DAB radio as well)
    • 6.5" speakers for front doors (has some 4" Infinity's butchered into the bass box at present)
    • 6x9" speakers on a new baffle board to fit behind the standard rear grilles. Need as best bass as possible without requiring a sub
    • Boot mounted battery to make way for new washer fluid resevoir under bonnet. And weight transfer!

Any help/ideas/input would be much appreciated.

Guest r8weg
Hi - can I have your wheels? :)

To get them cheap I had to buy a complete Lexus GS300 Sport in good nick. Swap the wheels over with some 16" Lexus rims and resell the Lexus for the same price. Cost £100 for the 16" rims. :)

Guest r8weg
dude i see you had an LPG conversion done. how much did that cost and does it actually work properly?

p.s. welcome to the supra club

probably should move this this somewhere out of the new section now.

The LPG conversion cost £1550 all in plus a tank of gas. Its a 70 litre tank which can take around 60 litres depending on the ambient temp when you fill up. I can get around 260-270 miles per tank which is approx 20mpg on a mix of motorway (always in the fast lane with the BMWs and Mercs!) and town driving. However in real terms thats about 50mpg when you compare the cost of diesel to LPG.

Performance is awesome. It actually runs better on LPG! I haven't rolling roaded it to confirm exact differences as I am more concerned about real world driving in the real world as in how does it actually drive!

Only snag to this is the size of the boot is now halfed as the tank is a cylinder that runs the width of the boot accross the top of the fuel pump cover. (spare wheel sits on the back seat in a wheel bag strapped down). Doesn't matter as the biggest boot load I ever carry is a gym bag so who cares.

What I love is pulling upto work with everyone wondering how the hell I can drive a Supra everyday when they are all driving boring diesel Vauxhalls and VWs. Kind of fun really as the price of diesel is certainly propelling at a higher rate than LPG is at the moment. :p