The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Im so excited!!! almost there PHR stage 4 GT74

fastisnice

It looks like today i should be getting my car back, spoke to Owen this morning they said they've had fuel pressure drop issues going past 1.3 bar. So far they 've made 700 flywheel [email protected]!! thats almost the same as with the SP71 but @ 1.7! Hopefully fix the problem later on and map it @ higher boost, see what i get.Can't wait!

Owen just called me, my 1000cc's have been maximised @ 1.4, rev limiter has been reset @8,500 revs! I'm getting the car back on Monday.

Its a serious power producer turbo!!

im going to put bigger injectors in the next few months time, probably 1600cc then remap it!

Owen just called me, my 1000cc's have been maximised @ 1.4, rev limiter has been reset @8,500 revs! I'm getting the car back on Monday.

Its a serious power producer turbo!!

im going to put bigger injectors in the next few months time, probably 1600cc then remap it!

If a 1000cc injectors are maxing out you must be about 900bhp?

I suppose it depends on the dyno, maybe if i was in the US i would have a lot more "dyno bhp"

Owen told me duty cycle was running at 92%. They said that the turbo is capable of producing easily 1000bhp if i would have bigger injectors and built block. I think the torque is a lot more for sure. They said the car is a lot faster than it was before @ 1.7bar! They also said the dyno looks a lot "stronger" and the turbo pulls all the way to 8,500rpm. I think i will have more power a lot earlier than before and it will pull all the way!

You got the figure on a a stock block ?? you really pushing it dont you think ??

not really, up to 800 flywheel bhp on a stock is fine..anything more and you ll be pushing it. next year im planning on a 3.2 built short block from US and crank the boost to 2.0 bar :D

800hp flywheel is fine ... who told you this ?? recently i came across a honda civic with 400hp on a stock block , he told me that it would handle it aswell. 2nd run on the drag strip it blew.

Remember you can make 800hp on your stock block on a dyno , but in real life road conditions, getting this to be reliable is going to be a hit and miss. look at the article on supra forums about dyno queens. Just becareful else all that money you have just layed out will go down the drain.

imo, the biggest worry in this project should be the raised revolution limiter to 8,500 on stock rods, not the 700bhps.

Other than that, I wish you the best of luck and keep us updated.

subscribed.

I have double valve springs & titanium retainers, this is what protects you from revving (?)

I'll drive it back from Owen tomorrow night so i will know what its like:)