The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How did the mkiv become so pretty??

Smellywelshman

Just been trawling a few interweb sites and looking at the mark 1 thru 3's. So what was it (other than the 90's) that made Mr T think "F**K this thing looks like a Delorian on speed, I must change it!"

I mean, its one hell of a jump from the mk3 to the mk4 looks-wise. Im totally ignorant regarding the engine changes mind you. What does everyone else think?

apparently the design of the mkiv came from god.yup god created fish and the mkiv looks like a fish. that is true you know. well the jehova who knocked on my door a while back thought so anyway. so much so thats all she talked about to me trying to convert me!!

apparently the design of the mkiv came from god.yup god created fish and the mkiv looks like a fish. that is true you know. well the jehova who knocked on my door a while back thought so anyway. so much so thats all she talked about to me trying to convert me!!

The Supra looks like a fish??? :blink:

Well i dont any fish that look like Supra's lol...:D

The Supra looks like a fish??? :blink:

Well i dont any fish that look like Supra's lol...:D

genuine. the convo went something like...

jova: god is in everything around us

me: well he's not in me as i have a hangover from satan

jova: is that your car?

me: yes

jova: thats a nice car. cant you see how it resembles a fish? and where do fish come from?

me: **about to say the sea**

jova: ....thats right they come from god!

me: oh ok

jova: and the design of your car resembles a fish so in essence has god in it too.

weirdos i tell you!

genuine. the convo went something like...

jova: god is in everything around us

me: well he's not in me as i have a hangover from satan

jova: is that your car?

me: yes

jova: thats a nice car. cant you see how it resembles a fish? and where do fish come from?

me: **about to say the sea**

jova: ....thats right they come from god!

me: oh ok

jova: and the design of your car resembles a fish so in essence has god in it too.

weirdos i tell you!

Hmm...:blink:

Well i would of thought then if the Supra resembles a fish then they should of called it...the Toyota Fish...:D

But Supra means...'above and beyond'...just like a Supra should be lol...:p :D

I can't think of many cars that have the looks of the Supra for the price. An relatively cheap, head turning, iconic car if ever there was one.

H.

Very true, and you left out reliable *frantically searches for a piece of wood to touch*

There aren't many that provide so much power without asking for 3000mile services.

Its just that IMO the mks 1-3 were very similar (and fugly) then all of a sudden TRAAAAALAAAAA the mkiv appears and is stunning. The designer must have been welsh, s'all I can say:D

Very true, and you left out reliable *frantically searches for a piece of wood to touch*

There aren't many that provide so much power without asking for 3000mile services.

Its just that IMO the mks 1-3 were very similar (and fugly) then all of a sudden TRAAAAALAAAAA the mkiv appears and is stunning. The designer must have been welsh, s'all I can say:D

Just stunning, i have heard though toyota designed the mkiv then very cleverly at the last minute waited for the last gen 300zx to be revealed then had to go back to the drawing board to design something that would trounce the zed in the design stakes.

Also how many cars today are still using a simmilar shape, DB9,Jag xk thingy, 550 maranello, dare i say it hyun coupe to name but a few.

Chris