The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where can I get my auto Rolling Roaded??

EssexBoy

Hi

I have an Auto Aristo and want to have it mapped or just a power run. I know there are loads of auto supras out there and they are very similar so does anyone know where i can go to get this done in the essex or london area or do i have to travel far away? I looked at TDI in thurrock and they totally big themselves up on the website and charge £100 an hour and then said they cant even RR an auto. I said they couldnt be that good then as I know it can be done.

The Aristo is slightly different as doesn't have the MANU mode as such. You have to switch the car into Power/ECT mode and ensure that the O/D off. You will also have to switch off the traction control too as it goes mental when on the rollers. You also need to get them to start the power run at about 3000rpm to avoid kickdown.

Any decent RR should be able to manage it without problem, so I'd steer clear of TDi. You should be looking to pay about half the price you have been quoted above too. Power runs shoudn't be any more than £50.00 really.

Is there anyone out there that has and auto and had theres on the rollers? Peejay you mention what needs to be done, can it be done in drive or does it have to be done in a low gear? Ive heard they have to lock it in 3rd or something. I have seen it done Thor Racing have rolling roaded DangerousBrains Aristo at JAE last year.

Engine Advantages in Witham I'd say

I would second this for a power run, not so sure about mapping as I have not used them for this, they ran plenty of auto's on the Supra day and even ran my Camaro Auto which is a very simple box with no fancy manual mode with no problems, they were very good

Is there anyone out there that has and auto and had theres on the rollers? Peejay you mention what needs to be done, can it be done in drive or does it have to be done in a low gear? Ive heard they have to lock it in 3rd or something. I have seen it done Thor Racing have rolling roaded DangerousBrains Aristo at JAE last year.

My Aristo has been on the rollers a couple of times, both different places, both managed fine. Next time it goes on the rollers it will be a manual :D

Yeah, it's done in Drive, but as I mentioned before the overdrive and traction control needs to be off and they need to be at about 3k rpm at the start to stop it from kicking down. There is no way of locking the Aristo in 3rd so it's down to the Dyno operator to control the changes. If they are competant there there will be no trouble.