The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can you get close to 400bhp on the standard turbo and ecu??

Guest ckuky2k

Guest ckuky2k

what do i need to get and do to achieve this?

I have just done a dyno with DYNO DEMON IN Neston and it showing 344bhp but i want it closer to 400bhp so i can kill off most evo's hehehehe. And also my mate s14 which he is tuning to 350bhp.

any help would be much appreciated.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ckuky2k

could not find anything on search so please help help help.

My car already have an full stainless exhaust, blitz induction, front mounted intercooler. and a full body kits. so i have the look now i need performance to match.

also it have a slight misfire so anyhelp on that would be great.

what sort of money am i going to spend to achieve my goal????

could not find anything on search so please help help help.

My car already have an full stainless exhaust, blitz induction, front mounted intercooler. and a full body kits. so i have the look now i need performance to match.

also it have a slight misfire so anyhelp on that would be great.

what sort of money am i going to spend to achieve my goal????

Hold on... you have a misfire, yet you are trying to get MORE power? My advice would be to sort the problem first :)

Check your plugs, if you do the infamous search as suggested above you will find the answers you seek padawan :)

PS : 400bhp won't suddenly beat an EVO, driver skill plays the biggest part sometimes.

my uk is just over 390. but the jspec has other limiting factors the uk doesnt :)

So yeah but probably need a ecu?

I've seen 414bhp on a UK with no mods either than a boost controller and an SAFC, and it did have a good AFR as well (going to rich at the high end)

Guest ckuky2k

spark plug is on order will pick it up on friday so finger cross it will help but i have ring around a few garage and most came back saying it might be the ignition coil.

Guest ckuky2k

nice ride by the way Gaz. heheh spellingand punctuation is not my strongest subject. hehehe. nvm ey.

ps how high can you increase the boost on a standard twin trubo? i think it is 0.7 bar originally because i just got the dyno done today.

PLEASE use punctuation and capitals....

Come on people, what is happening to Tech, Ian leaves and suddenly grammar and spelling disappear!

im with you gav

There's a simple solution. ;)

Ckuky2k,

Please try to use correct spelling and punctuation and you'll find more people will be willing to answer your questions. If a post is hard to read then people won't bother.

I suggest you have another go with the search button and read our tech section thoroughly.

One more thing. You may want to beat Evos and S14s but please don't go racing around on the road. Not only does that kind of behaviour give the Supra a bad reputation but it can ultimately end in the kind of situation that we've seen too much of.

Be smart, sensible and safe.

Edited by RedM (see edit history)

nice ride by the way Gaz. heheh spellingand punctuation is not my strongest subject. hehehe. nvm ey.

ps how high can you increase the boost on a standard twin trubo? i think it is 0.7 bar originally because i just got the dyno done today.

BPU

stock is 0.9bar so you have a boost leak my friend, my advice to you is to get a full and comprehensive service including all fluids, check over all turbo hoses to get your boost upto 0.9 again and get that missfire sorted before you even look for more power

you can increase the boost to 1.2 bar max, i keep mine at 1.1bar to be a little on the safer side

you can increase the boost to 1.2 bar max, i keep mine at 1.1bar to be a little on the safer side

not much difference to be honest mate. mine is set to 1.1 as well, the 0.1bar difference is negligable in my opinion. the jump from stock to just over 1.0bar is the biggest hike in performance

Guest ckuky2k

heheehe i do not plan to race on the road mate. just track day hehe santa pod is a good start.

is iridium spark plug any good for supra or should i just stick to the standard denso from toyota??

Guest ckuky2k

i will definitely sort the misfire out very quickly and see what the boost is like. that might affect the boost doesnt it?

heheh spellingand punctuation is not my strongest subject. hehehe. nvm ey.

PLEASE use punctuation and capitals....

Come on people, what is happening to Tech, Ian leaves and suddenly grammar and spelling disappear!

:yeahthat:

I'm with you Gav, if a member cannot be bothered to even try to use capitals and punctuation or do a simple search, then why should I bother trying to decipher the question and give advice.