The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-TT underway

Trig

Started last night, everything seems to be going well (apart from cracking my bumper getting in the garage :()

Managed to get off the lights,front bumper, drain the oil, coolant,ps fluid, removed the ecu, undid all the plugs/coil leads and removed the exhaust and managed to get the front decat off too, all in one evening :cool:

thought id post up a few progress pics :)

Will hopefully get some more done tonight :cool:

Edited by Trig (see edit history)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one, bet you cat wait:)

i really cant! :ecstatic:

nice one mate if you need any advice gimmie a shout :)

Will do mate, got a question already actually, did you change your cambelt while you had everything out? Im considering doing this.

i really cant! :ecstatic:

Will do mate, got a question already actually, did you change your cambelt while you had everything out? Im considering doing this.

Yer its so much easier to do while it is out i had my gf's stepdad do that bit he is the mechanic i didnt want to tackle that myself.

go BPU at the same time while you are doing the conversion its worth it trust me :D

Yer its so much easier to do while it is out i had my gf's stepdad do that bit he is the mechanic i didnt want to tackle that myself.

aw damn, thats what i was dreading, does he fancy a trip over the water? ;)

awesome. when do you hope to have it completed? are you going BPU?

Hoping to have it done by end of next weekend if all goes well and all my bits turn up :)

Ive got a walbro fuel pump, decat, and a boost gauge. im gonna order some new plugs and an FCD tomorrow :cool:

Ordered £120's worth of fluids today from opie oils as well! :shock:

Ive got to say your guide is helping loads as well :thumbs:

aw damn, thats what i was dreading, does he fancy a trip over the water? ;)

Its easy mate really...............is the donor engines crank pulley nut loose? if not then its going to be easier to do the cambelt with the engine installed IMO. As the rad etc etc will all be out the change will be easy. Most likely thing that you won't have to hand is a vice/clamp to compress the cambelt tensioner and insert the trigger pin (2/3mm alun/allen? key).

Do you have the CJ manuals?

Its easy mate really...............is the donor engines crank pulley nut loose? if not then its going to be easier to do the cambelt with the engine installed IMO. As the rad etc etc will all be out the change will be easy. Most likely thing that you won't have to hand is a vice/clamp to compress the cambelt tensioner and insert the trigger pin (2/3mm alun/allen? key).

Do you have the CJ manuals?

Havent got the manuals im afraid, and also not picking the engine up till monday so wont know untill then. Dont suppose you fancy coming up next Sunday to give us a hand Scott?? Dave F and maybe a few others are coming up to lend a hand getting the new engine in :cool:

Look's like all is going well Ad, :). As it's changed to next week I should be able to come and lend a hand now mate :).

Excellent mate, there should be a fair few of us helping out. many hands make light work :thumbs:

Thats the one dude :cool: have you got all the bits we need to do the cambelt? timing gun? if so any chance you could bring them? :)

no timing gun required (AFAIK!!), i have a crank pulley locking tool if required........

Keron just finished mine today and it's wow :D There is not even sensation of speed, it's just a feeling that car weights next to nothing :)

shuush you are bringing back good memories and its depressing me :D

Nice work Trig :)

Quick question if you don't mind - was it possible to get the engine out without the use of that additional bar in the last pic?

I think if you was just taking the engine out without the gearbox attached it would be ok without it. but with the gearbox on it we had to use the bar. took us about 2 hours to get it out :eek: