The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what are opinions on this turbo?

123tom123tom

I don't wish to be funny but are you going to start a thread like this for every part of your single build ?

How about doing some research via here and supraforums, see what people are running and use that as a guide ;)

I know you were not trying to cause offence with the above post, but I just wanted to point out that some people (i.e. me) actually found the thread interesting.... I now know not to buy turbos other than those mentioned by Rob. I would not have a problem with him posting a new thread on every item if it meant I learnt something.

I know you were not trying to cause offence with the above post, but I just wanted to point out that some people (i.e. me) actually found the thread interesting.... I now know not to buy turbos other than those mentioned by Rob. I would not have a problem with him posting a new thread on every item if it meant I learnt something.

Merely trying to point out that lots of people have gone single, with differing routes taken. With a bit of research (which for anyone contemplating a single should be the first step). You will see what power certain turbos produce, who is recommended for fitting, mapping who to avoid etc etc.

In fact certain bods have gone as far as to test certain turbos and cams etc compressor maps compared again with graphs etc all written with unbiased findings. :)

Maybe thats just me though, perhaps the art of searching has been lost :)

??

I see his point. It's like only shopping at Asda when Aldi sell the stuff from the same supplier but under a different label. Yes there will be cheaper, poorer quality items but some might be made by the same source.

Maybe thats just me though, perhaps the art of searching has been lost :)

I have to agree people don't search before posting but at the same time if people didn't repeat questions every now and again others would not learn through reading the threads. I.e. I have no intention of going single and thus would not think of searching on the topic, but by this thread being started I now know what names to look for when buying a turbo.

Edited by marbleapple (see edit history)

Its no wonder the prices stay high, ur all brand name only. Hopefully someone will give these a go.

??

Think Robs point here was its a pretty irrational statement

The brand names mentioned, have spent millions in particular Garrett, in R&D, parts like a turbos are a very important part on a car and not something to be simply 'given a go'

ofcourse, unless you have the funds to replace said items and engines along with it, stick with the proven

right can some one list then some suitable turbo's that will produce 550-580 hp without any problem, fast to mid spooling,

the ones i know are t61,t67,gt35 is there any more i should look out for...

PHR Stage 1 (60-1) ;)