The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aaargh!

c7hru

I thought i had finally made my mind up of what to do! i decided i was going to go ahead with the tt conversion, fmic and uk spec brakes. i was goin to get a loan to pay off the one i have at the mo and get a bit more to pay for the work etc. That was until people kept saying to me 'it's a waste of money' and 'you will never get that money back' or 'you could get a new car if you had that money and sold your car' The thing is I DONT WANT A NEW CAR!!!!!! I want my one - but tt!!! i dont know what to do know! i know what i want but people put doubts in my mind :rolleyes:

Advice is welcome :)

Alex

new cars are mainstream, boring, slower than TT or BPU.....unless u can afford a porsche etc... plus new tax increase will set u back if its not dolphin friendly emmissions... supra's are different, quick and sooo worth the smirk as you beat modern sports cars off the mark;)

Thanks guys, i know it would def put a smile on my face (a big one at that!)

As above, only you know what to do, and $#@! everyone else. However Id say one thing IMO and purely on a financial basis, is getting a loan to pay a loan off a wise move?

Yeah i see what your saying ref: the loan. It prob isnt ideal, the loan isnt actually in my name (thats where the old dear helped me :) ) So it would mean a slightly higher repayment each month and maybe for a few extra years. The way i have been looking at it is i am still young (22) and living at home so i possibly wont have the opportunity to do this at a later time as i may have other things to thinnk about (mortgage, kids etc).

It will take the value of the car up slightly wont it?

The fact that it is a rebuilt engine and is warrented etc makes me want to get it over buying a new car.

:)

Thanks guys, i know it would def put a smile on my face (a big one at that!)

Yeah i see what your saying ref: the loan. It prob isnt ideal, the loan isnt actually in my name (thats where the old dear helped me :) ) So it would mean a slightly higher repayment each month and maybe for a few extra years. The way i have been looking at it is i am still young (22) and living at home so i possibly wont have the opportunity to do this at a later time as i may have other things to thinnk about (mortgage, kids etc).

It will take the value of the car up slightly wont it?

The fact that it is a rebuilt engine and is warrented etc makes me want to get it over buying a new car.

Most major mods will make the value go up...But no way near the amount that you paid for it

Don't get loans for cars unless it's a steal, you buy to sell, and you turn a profit, enough of one to repay the loan immediately with plenty left over. You'll be paying the loan whilst waiting for the bus, sorting out niggles and watching Supra prices drop below a dozen free range eggs. In the present economic climate you'd be mad to get a loan to mess with a car. IMHO.

Very true Chris. Maybe i should just be happy with what i have hey!!! Not that im not, i just want more. I think if i used my head then i would stick with what i have and just keep doing the little things to it to make me happy and just be proud of what i have. I could maybe even save up for once!! lol If i went wit my heart i would just think @~*k it, im only young once!

Thanks for your posts guys, i do definately think i am going to hold out and try to save. It will probably mean more if i did eventually did save and get it done!

I always wanted a Supra and if you told me two years ago i would have a Supra and STILL want more i would have laughed in your face. Guess i should be grateful with what i have, a lot of people have a lot lot less.

I thought i had finally made my mind up of what to do! i decided i was going to go ahead with the tt conversion, fmic and uk spec brakes. i was goin to get a loan to pay off the one i have at the mo and get a bit more to pay for the work etc. That was until people kept saying to me 'it's a waste of money' and 'you will never get that money back' or 'you could get a new car if you had that money and sold your car' The thing is I DONT WANT A NEW CAR!!!!!! I want my one - but tt!!! i dont know what to do know! i know what i want but people put doubts in my mind :rolleyes:

Advice is welcome :)

Alex

I know how you feel matey, when i left my last job, they stuffed me with their incorrect pay! So i now have to get a top up on my loan to get the rest of my BPU,

my supe serviced and my engine fully polished...

When i had my n/a, i was going to get her turbo'd but in the end, i decided against it and i got a TT...:D ;)

I know how you feel matey, when i left my last job, they stuffed me with their incorrect pay! So i now have to get a top up on my loan to get the rest of my BPU,

my supe serviced and my engine fully polished...

When i had my n/a, i was going to get her turbo'd but in the end, i decided against it and i got a TT...:D ;)

Yeah i think if i hold out but keep an eye open 'the one' may just pop up! if it is meant to be it will happen :)