The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra values

supraspeed

as ive noticed in searchin for supras, the prices have seriously dropped in TT last few years, especially auto, now TT manuals are dropping, does anyone reckon single's will start to drop soon? mines a single and i might be contemplating selling it before its worthless...

anyone think theres a pattern here...

to be quite honest i'm not sure what vehicle it was from- i was told it was a special edition getrag box but goes directly into the supra. supposed to be able to deal with a hell of a lot of power though. really smooth through the gears, well it only had about 2000 miles on it apparantly so should be good lol. my car was built especially for drifting so the previous transmission was not standard.

i interrogated the people who did my gearbox conversion and they were 100% sure it was a getrag special edition something....bla bla bla... so i'm pretty sure its genuine. it was a n/a originally...i think- i dont no how to tell lol. i get it back friday so i'l check its got ABS (i can't remember)- i havent driven it for 6 months lol.

now i'm stuck into thinking

1: sell supra and buy standardish man TT bpu- spend cash on RLTC with cash left over

2: keep supra and spend cash i don't really have on whole new trc con system + RLTC

3: buy a red TT man for 5-6k and get paint job and loads of goodies from cash left over

They seem to be dropping quite fast
You know it's funny really, people have been saying that for as long as I've been on here.

I reckon people who paid over the odds always think prices are dropping when they see other, maybe not as good ones, selling for a lot less.

eg. I bought my grey RZ Auto for £6500 over five years ago. I could probably still get around 4k for it now. That's the kind of depreciation I like!

I agree with Jake :) I know of 3 chaps who paid less than £7k for a black TT 6spd over four years ago, two of them were UK specs. Another chap paid £3.5k for a black UK auto a couple of years ago. The problem really is that for years people have been paying way over the odds for newly imported cars when there are cheaper ones already here. It's just take a lot of work and a bit of luck to locate those bargains.

now i'm stuck into thinking

1: sell supra and buy standardish man TT bpu- spend cash on RLTC with cash left over

2: keep supra and spend cash i don't really have on whole new trc con system + RLTC

3: buy a red TT man for 5-6k and get paint job and loads of goodies from cash left over

What kind of money are you looking for? I wouldn't know how to price an unusual one like yours.

well until i get the engine looked at at whifbitz to see whats really going on under the hood, bhp boost ecu etc... i am hoping 10k+, ive seen a few on pistonheads for a lot but again they aint selling and also they look bit ott imo. i dunno really, whatever i can get within reason really

well until i get the engine looked at at whifbitz to see whats really going on under the hood, bhp boost ecu etc... i am hoping 10k+, ive seen a few on pistonheads for a lot but again they aint selling and also they look bit ott imo. i dunno really, whatever i can get within reason really

To be honest mate, with the spec of the car, thats not very realistic :(

An unknown pedigree unknown power output NA-T in MSB with 3 spokes and a veilside front and spoiler :taped: It's not going to be halfway to 10k with a line up like that :(

The only "upgraded" 5spd box I heard of was that W58 that Turbofit "upgraded" and it lasted about 3 months. I'd guess it was a stock na 5spd as well.

-Ian

what do u mean? whats wrong with the spec... i don't even know half the spec til i get it checked out lol

I would say looking at your garage that you'd get around £8k max for your car if you detail it. Unfortunately NA-T conversions don't command the high price that real 6 speed TTs do. There are various reasons for this. Also, you might want to get some more info on the gearbox if it is indeed "special".

Not saying its not a nice car mate but i sold a BPU NA-TT Converted Sup with the 5 Speed box. It was absolutly mint and i struggled to get £6000 for it. Converted cars are not worth as much as originals but if your 5 speed is actually getrag then you do have something a bit different.