The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TwinsTurbo Supra build in the US

Wez

The front suspension looks completely bonkers, I'm not suprised it's being slated! Why on earth would anyone take NASCAR as an inspiration anyway? Crazy.

40 cars in a field, 30 races a year, the shortest is 250 miles, the longest 600, at speeds upto 200mph, yet how often do you hear of a Nascar suspension failure? Some of them have fairly substantial crashes and carry on racing.

40 cars in a field, 30 races a year, the shortest is 250 miles, the longest 600, at speeds upto 200mph, yet how often do you hear of a Nascar suspension failure? Some of them have fairly substantial crashes and carry on racing.

Probably because they only ever turn one way on a smooth track.

Probably because they only ever turn one way on a smooth track.

There is still a lot of forces at work on a superspeedway though. If you watch the on board shot you see the cars are constantly moving about. It's also worth noting that a lot of the tracks are far from world class.

I personaly wouldn't want it on my car here but I'm not going to beat the up on it, if it works for them then it's no skin off my nose.

Fair enough. I think if you wanted inspiration in the US you would look at something like the GT classes from the ALMS. The cars are much more similar to a Supra and somehow I can't see Porsche putting a front suspension set up like that on!

Fair enough. I think if you wanted inspiration in the US you would look at something like the GT classes from the ALMS. The cars are much more similar to a Supra and somehow I can't see Porsche putting a front suspension set up like that on!

I agree. I was also wondering how ajustable the geometery would be- surely it'll be fixed now?

must confess i have had to do a bit of research to figure out what they are having a flap attack about with regard to the suspension as i know jack about anything other than stock suspension :D excellent thread though and kudos to the guys doing it for trying something different, really like the look of the intercooler end tank and that exhaust is just totally mental, the yanks seem far less squeamish with regard to noise than we are on both track and road