The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How many miles do your rear tyres last?

miko_supra

At a rough guess, I must've got about 25k out of a set of rears on my old car. :conf: Put 40k on it in total, changed alloys + tyres after 10k of ownership, and changed them again about 5k before I sold it. Seems unbelievable really since I gave it a bit of stick now and again, but the numbers don't lie. Then again, a lot of that was motorway miles and not spirited driving.

Seems that autos are muuuuuuuuuch kinder on your wallet than manuals!

Guest sunnyG83

Goodyear Eagle F1's = 5000miles for me

Bridegestone Potenza REo50a's = 4,300miles but i still have more than half the tread left :).

Depends how you drive too :)

I get a year out of a set. That's 5-10k miles maybe. I have excessive tirewear on the insides due to ride height, worn suspension, 18s, and a bad alignment (being fixed now). I will say this. The pirelli Pzero Nero M+S has been a great tire and I highly recommend it. I'm not trying a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE960s as I've read good things about them.

No mate just the way you drive ;)

I have just about managed 5000 miles with goodyear eagle f1's

With the extra 40 odd BHP UK Spec it puts alot more strain on the tyre, but even with that i reckon 20,000 should be on the cards for the current set;)

I put a new set of pzero rosso`s on before the ring trip last year and they were shot when i got back.

slight hi-jack but i think still relevent, been watching your track day clip fella and as someone who should know a good tyre when he sees it :eyebrows: what would you rate as the best all round road tyre, wear rate not being an issue, i need help as i cant make my mind up between Pirellis, eagle F1's and RE050's