The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk Spec 6 speed (Work in progress)

Metallikev

Hey all, i guess a bit of an explanation would be in order before i post the pics. Well just over a year ago now i saw a UK Spec 6 speed tt for sale, fancied a bit of a project so went to have a look, basically the guy who had it before me had mistreated it :(, it had a bomex front on that was one of the worst fits i have ever seen, he'd slid it into an armco barrier taking the Trac off trying to show off to some girls and failed, so there was a nice imprint of an armco barrier in the near side back quarter, and a few other things, engine was strong though so that was the main thing.

Anyway i picked it up for just over £6k, took it back home and have been putting it more or less back to standard, i've got the back quarter sorted out (guy that did it did an amazing job), replaced the front bumper with an OEM one, installed a boost guage and AEM Uego as i wanted to see how the engine was running (can never be too careful), its running fine apart from the valve stems leaking a bit and was dyno'd at 328 and 315 on two seperate dyno's. The engine has done 140k and is still as strong as ever :).

Anyway things to do in the very near future are a full respray as you will see in the pics some of the panels i have replaced are a slightly different shade of red (bugs the hell outta me), a couple of the panels need moving and lining up properly including the near side headlight, then a full interior retrim and then hopefully a full engine rebuild. Once all this is done it should be a mint uk spec. The photo's are done by a local photography group, my mate was doing a course with them and asked if they could do some shots of the supra in motion and stood still etc, i know its not finished and does'nt look great but thought it would be interesting to see what they come out like.

Anyway i'll stop babbling on and put some pics up, like i said its very much a work in progress, ideas and comments appreciated

Cheers

Kev

Yeah the wheels came with the car, they are on the list as i agree with you all, they are a tad large. Like most people say on here 19" do track the road which can be annoying, was thinking of going with some 18" ones, i've got time to have a look about and see which ones to go for when the time comes. Cheers for the comments :)

Well it sure looks a hell of a lot nicer now :thumbs: It looked a right state before :scare:

The wheels don't do it justice IMO, they look far to large and "fat" for the lines. Some more subtly styled ones, or better yet some nice lightweight 18's would set it off a treat :)

Yeah like people have said it will look even better once its had a respray, the wheels are on the 'to do' list, lightweight 18's sound interesting, maybe get some of those and then get the geo setup, once thats done then its only the interior that will need sorting :)

Anyway things to do in the very near future are a full respray as you will see in the pics some of the panels i have replaced are a slightly different shade of red (bugs the hell outta me), a couple of the panels need moving and lining up properly including the near side headlight, then a full interior retrim and then hopefully a full engine rebuild.

Etc

Haha yeah its a bad match isn't it, basically when he hit the armco barrier he damaged all the panels on one side, replaced the near side wing and got someone who obviously could'nt colour match to spray it, put that 'bumper' on and left the dent in the rear quarter.

Thats why its in for a respray soon lol, i notice it everytime i look out the window