The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Xscape / Snowboarding meet

Ian W

What do you guys reckon to a meet at Xscape, Braehead, Glasgow?

Have had a couple of meets there with the Type R forum and it's pretty ideal with such a central location, plenty of space and places to go for food etc.

Was thinking of combining it with some snowboarding / skiing if some of us fancied it?

Let me know what you think.

Ian

I've not really been to any of the central meets yet so i'd be keen to come along to this Ian.

Is it open to complete beginner snowboarders as I've never tried that either and wouldn't mind giving it a go.

Regards

Dave

Would be good to have you along mate, meet some new faces and all that.

Unfortunately Xscape have a policy that you need to be of recreational standard before you're allowed on the slope by yourself (i.e. use the poma lift and be able to control your speed and link turns).

If you can't do that, you could either try and book a lesson for the same time (£27 for an hour so not the cheapest) or alternatively just come along for the meet and some grub?

Yeah ! I'm up for some of that !

Do you board / ski then mate? If not, see above :D

I ski yeah , no equipment at all but i've spent time on Whistler in Vancouver .

I have an insider and at xscape and she told me today basically what Ian has said - If you havent had lessons before your arent legally allowed on the slope :( You need 4 hour long lessons on the small slope first !

I guess we can tell them were good and hope no one notices :D

When you thinkin

Hopefully within the next few weeks if possible? Could make it an evening rather than a weekend if it's easier for people (besides, I'm busy for the next few weekends at least :D)

I'd be up for that - not been on ski's since March and have yet to try my new kit out bought at end of season...

Nice one Brian, think we need all the practice we can get! (well, I do anyway....)

It's a great idea and had I been a bit closer and actually tried snowboarding/sking before I would have come down. Can't really justify that drive though just for a meet.

Hope you guys have a good meet and we get plenty of pics of your cars.......and you fallin on your arses ;)

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
Just got back from Xscape this afternoon and it was Awesome with a capital A!

Many of you still up for this?

Yep - itching to get on my ski's :)

They do a 2 and 3 hour special during week nights don't they? Might be just the ticket.

Cheers,

Brian.

I was there on Wednesday. £25 for 2 hours. Much fun! I think they do freestyle nights on Thursday/Friday. They had a few of the features out already on Wednesday which was excellent. I'm still rubbish at rails/boxes tho...

You're better than me then!

At the moment I'm still perfecting staying on my feet and linking turns.

Paid £21 for two hours this afternoon between one and three.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...