The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone running a Blitz SUS cone filter?

hadyn

Im fully aware of the power loss and filtration issues of cone filters against the free flowing stock system on the TT, but can anyone whos ran one of these filters please post up their experience of the filter?

E.g. - how many miles have you had the filter on for, have you had any issues with filtration or engine/turbo problems you think you might attribute to these filters?

I had one for a year or so. Decided to take it off and return to standard and sell the Blitz item on.

Difficult to say precisely what issues it might have causes. Personally I'm much happier with the standard unit on there.

I had an airbox around the Blitz SUS to try and reduce the amount of hot air it drew in.

I used to have one on my old S14 so I know what a fantastic noise they make. I had it on for about 2 odd years and when the turbo came off at 100k miles it was in good condition.

However, I quite fancy one for the Supra, just for a 'laugh' for the noise factor. Its reassuring to know that fitting one hasnt destroyed many peoples engines/turbos just yet :)

Anyone got an SUS for sale???

• 5 weeks later...

Got one on now. Its OK but the noise doesnt seem as amazing as it did on my old S14.

When the engine is hot, it doesnt seem to make much more noise than the stock airbox? Does this change with decat/bpu etc?

Also, performance wise it doesnt feel any better or worse than the stock airbox?

I know mate. I swear by the stock airbox for performance. I just got an SUS second hand very cheap and put it on to see what it was like.

You would be mad to buy one of these things for nearly £200 when they offer no performance gain.