The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Close call today. think tracking is out

Bazzagt4

Hi Anja,

Did you have problems with tracking???

My Soop has been lowered by previous owner and I have a feeling it was never set up properly.

Am I looking at a complete alignment setup??

Regards

I had mine lowered at the front when I got it but it hasn't been reset up properly yet all round. The rears were balanced when I had the new tyres but not set up, will have that done soon at my MOT and all. I never had tracking issues I could feel the Car always runs in a very nice straight line. Only thing I have noticed it that my ass end isn't so trigger happy now when it is wet. ;)

Before it slid out slightly when I went over manhole covers even when it was dry. :blink:

Crikey, with wear like that the suspension must be WAY out!

Even stock supra's suffer from uneven wear on the inners, but nothing like that.

As mentioned, either the toe or the camber is a long way out. What size and offset wheels are those and what suspension is installed? Probably a good idea to get the wishbone bushes checked out too.

If its just toe, then is pretty easy to sort, if its camber as well then a Little more involved, how much is it lowered by? and do the hypermax have adjustable top mounts?

Sorry but I know nothing about this setup the topmounts are a purple colour with 3 allen key heads and a central nut, nothing looks adjustable.

HKS Hiper D Coilovers, lowered around 30 mm front, 20mm rear.

Regards

Mine were heavy worn on the inside on the fronts when i changed them recently.

But ive got standard suspension and the tracking was checked and was found to be fine.

When then guy fitted the new tyres and balanced the wheels he put more weights on my alloys than i have ever seen on one wheel.

The steering feels much better and precise but theyve only been on for about 150mls so i cant tell if its made a diffference to the tyres yet!

Hopefully

Edited by gordy07
dodgy spelling (see edit history)