The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKC EVC VI, Big Favour Please

Chingy

Hi

Need to eliminate a problem :think:, does any one near or around Brighton have a EVC VI. If possible hoping to meet up and swop over the solenoid component, (3 vacum pipes and a multi plug) should take couple of mins. As believe this is causing my boost problem but don't want to get a new one to find out nothing wrong with it as only sell it as a complete kit :blink:

Any help would be most appreciated, cheers and fingers crossed

What problem are u getting?

Is it overboosting or underboosting?

Are u using it on a tt or single as it has fuzzy logic so a no no for tt. U can by pass the fuzzy logic if u look it up in the manual.

My evc 4 solenoid was fcuked and all sorts of problems.

What problem are u getting?

Is it overboosting or underboosting?

Are u using it on a tt or single as it has fuzzy logic so a no no for tt. U can by pass the fuzzy logic if u look it up in the manual.

My evc 4 solenoid was fcuked and all sorts of problems.

Getting a drop in boost used to make 1.6ish bar now around 1.3, its a single T04Z, got 60mm wastegate Lee P had it off and apart yesterday all seems mint, diaphragm and gaskets all good, Pessure tested all the vacum pipes there all fine. Checked the fuzzy logic is off. makes little over a bar with EVC off which is probably the spring rating.

What problems where u getting when ur solenoid went, also pain that seems they don't just sell the solenoid. Don't want to buy complete kit to find out its not the problem :(

Mine would not boost above stock boost. Sounds like your solenoid is giving up the ghost or you have a boost leak.

Have you checked your bov/ intercooler pipes to see if they are leaking boost?

Do a boost leak test and by pass the solenoid and if u can run 1.6 bar with the evc disconnected then it will most likely be solenoid.

Mine would not boost above stock boost. Sounds like your solenoid is giving up the ghost or you have a boost leak.

Have you checked your bov/ intercooler pipes to see if they are leaking boost?

Do a boost leak test and by pass the solenoid and if u can run 1.6 bar with the evc disconnected then it will most likely be solenoid.

when turn the EVC off get just over bar which is what the springs in the wastegate is rated at, not got a bov, intercooler pipes seem all good, would of thought if was problem with intercooler pipes would hardly see boost. If i bypass the solenoid will only make stock boost or what the spring is rated to. Did you manage to buy ur solenoid separately

I got one second hand but u might be able to get it repaired from a electronics place etc.

I am sure some one must be able to repair it with the right knowledge.

Best u can do is swap the solenoid with some one and try but that is easier said then done.