The mkiv Supra Owners Club

facelift rear light

Guest Nizam

Uk, jspec and jspec-facelift are all different. The UK and the pre-facelift jspec ones are similar in look, the jspec-facelift are the redesigned ones

The UK spec lights are not a direct fit to jspec cars. The harnesses are different so you need to do a little bit of rewiring to make them work.

I have UK spec rear lights on my car. I have a facelift but because my car is black the UK's suit it better.

There is no such thing as a facelift UK spec as they stopped selling them in the UK before the facelift was out (or just as it came out).

Surely in all cases, UK or J-Spec, it's a simple 5 minute job to swap between any of the standard light offerings *as long as you have the harness that comes with them*?

The UK spec has a different light combination to the J-spec, so when fitting facelift rears I *think* you need to do some rewiring.

The UK spec has a different light combination to the J-spec, so when fitting facelift rears I *think* you need to do some rewiring.

It's plug and play for everything apart from the fogs - they stop working so you need to do the same kind of mod you would on a J-Spec to get them back again.

On the plus side you gain the 4 rear light look that looks so much nicer in the dark.

Hi,

I have for sale facelift rears and UK spec rears. The facelift rears are already sold so I have said to Nizam if the standard UK spec ones fit his j-spec car then I'll sell them to him.

From Homer's first post though it is clear that the UK spec lights will not just plug and play into his car. Scott you have UK spec lights on your car. Do you know whats involved in getting them to work?

Thanks,

Mo