The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Liverpool car auctions

Spike3.0

Anybody been?

I'm really interested in going the auctions after hearing about them recently and how good the prices are.

But i cant seem to find out any information, and if you do have to be a motor trader to buy the cars there.

Anyone got any experience, and maybe aware of hidden costs after the hammer price that catch you out?

Cheers

Don't you mean LPA (Liverpool Port Auctions) This is where I used to go looking for my first Supra. I stopped going after a while as most of the cars looked Fubar.......:(

Personally I would keep well away, unless you really know what you are doing!

H.

2 of the nicest Supras people have brought to me in the last 12 months came from there, privately bought at very sensible money. A trader I know has bought several ultra clean and nice Skyline R33 and R34 GTS-t's at prices that would make the Skyline owners Club weep. For sure it's an auction, and like all auctions they sell on behalf of others their good bad and ugly vehicles. I wouldn't have any qualms buying from an auction, assuming I knew something about what to assess on the vehicles in question. Others prefer the security of a dealership, and are happy to pay them as a middleman. Others are even happy to finance someone's business by paying deposits on cars still overseas. To say all the cars at LPA are "dodgy" is a bit sweeping! :)

Yes, very sweeping! I don't think they are dodgy, we have bought 5 cars from there now (Soarer 2.5TT, MR-S, Celica GT4, a plain Celica and an Estima, all low mileage aswell) I've not been in a few years though so can't say what it's like now, but all of them were great and have not had a thing go wrong with them.

They may have a few cars going through which aren't the best, but don't forget that these cars have to go somewhere so I wouldn't be suprised that there are a few car dealers picking the bad ones up cheap, polishing them up a bit and selling them on to unsuspecting people.

Edited by jim_supra (see edit history)