The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single turbo air filter relocation

tooquicktostop

Does anyone know of a kit that will take the intake from a single turbo to the lower bumper vent where a filter would be placed on the end

I am seeing in this warm weather and polished engine bay quite high engine bay/intake temps, I feel taking the air intake for the turbo down to the bumper would be benificial to the air temps?, or would it be better to build a heat shield and have a pipe from the bumper to the bay to ram cold air there instead??

Edited by tooquicktostop (see edit history)

Does anyone know of a kit that will take the intake from a single turbo to the lower bumper vent where a filter would be placed on the end

I am seeing in this warm weather and polished engine bay quite high engine bay/intake temps, I feel taking the air intake for the turbo down to the bumper would be benificial to the air temps?, or would it be better to build a heat shield and have a pipe from the bumper to the bay to ram cold air there instead??

I have done this to mine.Can't tell you if it makes any difference yet as my car is still beeing worked on.

Very much depends on what bumper you have fitted, since fitting my JDL kit i have just added a piece of plastic sheet to help direct the airflow and I'm seeing ambient temps at the filter when on the move:)

I have a one off bumper which looks like it may be ok to house a filter in the area where the stock IC would have been ?

Sorry Supra Surj copied your photo's of my car from the meet yesterday ;)

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/6/18115292293.jpg

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/6/18115292216.jpg

This is where I have mine Dean (check my garage pics), I'll be removing it in favour of an engine bay mounted one with cold air box soon, you are welcome to have 1st dibbs on my current one, it's powder coated silver

Looks just the thing I need, let me know when you take it off, give me a price and I will take it :)

That was easy :)