The mkiv Supra Owners Club

a bit more work done on the supe

Firestorm

Hey guys,

just thought id put and update plus a question/advice thread up..

i have now pretty much turned my Supe into a project..im a bit of a perfectionist and although the car was in great nick when i got it i was unhappy with some of the workmanship of the car frm the previous owner. so i set about just doing a few jobs.. firstly was to dye the carpet.. so i removed that then i got a bit crazy and then just lots more.. took dash out to be resprayed the footwell mounted Amp.. the glove boxes.. etc etc.. this was to have overhaul on the interior make it look better (will be getting a heckler upgrade soon).. then i decided i wasnt happy with the FMIC so ive now taken the veilside front off to be reconditioned.. the fmic is now off.headlights are out (need to do so fault finding) need to change the Fuel pump in.. (this is all in aid of the bpu being doing correctly).

so then i came to checking the sparks.- removed the coilpack fine but i had noticed that the guy before me had changed the sparks and the clips that keep the wires that run along side the coil packs were broken... can anyone suggest when i can get some replacement ones?

also i removed one of the spark plugs and it was a NGK R BKE5 11 (irrc) so i checked internet.. pretty much came to the conculsion that it wasnt irridium so.. i guess thats the next thing to change. (plus the ngk site aslo didnt even recommend bke5 as standard for the supe!)

so slowly getting there- pics to follow soon.

cheers

Pete