The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Woke up to this today :(

markymark

Was just getting ready for work this morning when my neighbour knocked at the door with bad news - some stupid 17 year old kid had taken the corner too fast at 2.50am and wiped out the fence, went straight into my neighbours car which then went straight into mine. I don't know what you all think (photos attached) but I hope it can be repaired as I have just got the car as I've wanted it. Typical I'd just replaced the tyres & brakes, and stuck a leather interior in it. Pretty sure the neighbours car is a write off. Incredible the damage a fiat punto can do to two big heavy cars. I've got better pictures of the damage to the Supra but can't upload them to Photobucket at the moment as I've just entered the wrong password and need to wait :rolleyes: Will upload later.

Been pretty pi##ed off as I can't speak to sky insurance as they are not open on a Sunday - I phoned QBE Insurance who took a message, and at the end of a lengthy phonecall, told me they'd pass the message onto Sky in the morning!! After looking on here, I phoned Accident Exchange, but they aren't open on a Sunday either. I'm annoyed as I need to get to work each day & need a replacement car but can't get anything sorted.

Great start to my Sunday :(

P290608_08.24[01].jpg

P290608_08.23.jpg

P290608_08.25 (2).jpg

P290608_08.26[01].jpg

P290608_08.25[01].jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your support, I think it can be repaired as the damage seems to be just the door and front wing. There is some damage to the skirt which can be repaired and I hope the bonnet will be ok.

What do you recommend I do - go through Sky to get it sorted, or use accident exchange? It happened before to me with my last car & I ended up with a crap people carrier as replacement car - as it took a good few months to settle, I was stuck with it. Saw on another thread that someone got a lexus as a replacement through accident exchange.

Also, if it is fixed, can I claim for loss of value?

Here's better pics of the sup.

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2008/06/992.jpg[/img]"]http://image

https://jza80.mkivsupra.net/imports/2008/06/993.jpg[/img]"]http://image

I'd be gutted if that happened to me mate, I take it you have 'punto kids' details? or did he try to scarper?

I did hear something when it happened at 2.50am but didn't get up. Fortunately, the neighbour was woke up by a guy & girl arguing outside after coming from a party behind us (where I'm assuming the punto kids were heading). Then he heard the accident, ran down & they were trying to start the car. I would think they would have scarpered if it started, seeing the damage to two cars. The neighbour got there in time & got all the details - shame he didn't call the police as the skid marks on the corner show he must have been doing excessive speeds (it's a 30mph zone!) Just glad we got the details!!

I would be well annoyed..

That will be a new wing, new door and repair on the sideskirt, looking at probably £1000-£1500 if not more after sourcing parts, fitting and spraying, hope you got the idiot that did it and more importantly have his insurance info....

Sorry dude i hate to see this happen especialy to our beautiful cars... :(

Some right knobs out there arnt there.

Typical just when you get it sorted, another kick in the teeth from life!

What happened to the kid driving the punto? He stick around or what?

Speaking to the insurance to get a better idea of what'll happen is your best bet really, they might fix it then claim off his, but take your excess for the time being until you get it back off his insurer... That's what usually happens.

have you checked askmid database see if punto is insured, actually you would be claiming of your neighbour wouldnt you

Yeah, how does that work as the Neighbour hasn't physically caused the damage but someone else pushed the neighbours car into his??

my mate had a similiar accident vechile went went in to a car which ended up going in to my mates car so the claims co mpany first try for the orginal cause of accident insurance if they cant then they will go for the 2nd persons, at the end both claims will come out of person at fault insurance..