single project starts!!!!

123tom123tom

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You just can't beat a box of brand new parts for motivation :D Which kit did you go for in the end?

That flat screen looks a little large for the Supra dash though :p

I have all the parts I need, the motivation, but no time... untill next week ;)

I hope I'm wrong but isn't that an XS Poor/SSAutochonic kit?

there is some XS parts there yes!! but not all of them.

I have a reinforced xs manifold, theres a few other bits and bobs also.....

but look at it this way what is good for Homer is good for me:):)

as for the turbo i have purchased a t61, which is what was recommended to me.:)

Just make sure the wastegate hole inside the collector is not too small.

Homer went though hell fitting that kit, is that a xs or boostlogic T61? completely different units. (looks like an xs power unit to me= garbage, sorry)

Homer went though hell fitting that kit, is that a xs or boostlogic T61? completely different units. (looks like an xs power unit to me= garbage, sorry)

well am sorry to say this because i have respect for my elders, but "get off the high horse and stop jumping the gun, that is a XS turbo but i have a turbo to order a t61...:)

Only trying to help you and save you time and money from fitting cr@p parts, many of us have been there before but if you dont want advice ill keep quiet, sorry.

i never said i didnt want help, but there is certain ways of putting your point across and the way you did it wasnt one of them.... I know some of the xs stuff is no good hence why i am buying a seperate turbo, but as for the manifold etc they are fine.

it has welded support bars from the turbo housing to the manifold flange to carry the weight.

and to be fair we all cant have all the money in the world to spend on our supra alone... and before you go down the route of well you shouldnt be doing what you are doing unless you have the money, that isnt the case.... some of us do this as a part time thing in between working are asses off then taking the kids places, then trying to get the house looking nice as well.....

its called balancing things out..... now after the rant about it, can we just all be friends and help each other like the forum is here for.

and like i say the help will be appreciated and we can only play with what we are dealt. So lets get this thread back on track

Nothing is worse than trying to save money & go on the cheap side of buying parts, all I can say is it will be misery in the end. Many people have gone that that route & been very disappointed with the ending results.

Any way hope all goes well with what ever you decide to do & get the results that you are after once completed.

There are plenty of people running XS parts successfully (not turbos), yes there cheap but then there is always a risk even with premium parts, if things are adequately braced etc then cracking shouldn't be a problem, i am prepared to run the cheap stuff because i know i can repair it if the worst happens, but for those who can't then its a more considered choice.

Edited by Tricky-Ricky (see edit history)

i never said i didnt want help, but there is certain ways of putting your point across and the way you did it wasnt one of them.... I know some of the xs stuff is no good hence why i am buying a seperate turbo, but as for the manifold etc they are fine.

it has welded support bars from the turbo housing to the manifold flange to carry the weight.

and to be fair we all cant have all the money in the world to spend on our supra alone... and before you go down the route of well you shouldnt be doing what you are doing unless you have the money, that isnt the case.... some of us do this as a part time thing in between working are asses off then taking the kids places, then trying to get the house looking nice as well.....

its called balancing things out..... now after the rant about it, can we just all be friends and help each other like the forum is here for.

and like i say the help will be appreciated and we can only play with what we are dealt. So lets get this thread back on track

People on this forum have had problems with every aspect of the kit, on the side of money if you have to take that manifold off for work because the car is over boosting then you have to take it off again because it has a warped t4 flange then again because the header flange is warped and then again because it has cracked it wont work out that cheap will it? and thats just one aspect of the kit.

Some people have got away with it but is it worth the risk?

You really need to listen to what Jamie and others are saying, fitting this kit is not easy at all. Most parts do not line up, things need to be fabricated. Mine was an absolute nightmare to get working (and came out MUCH more expensive than buying a premium kit in the first place).

A couple of things to check:

- On the manifold, you need to look into the collector and locate the feed off to the wastegate, take a picture of this from several angles and post on here, we should be able to tell you if this one has been made badly (quality control on these kits is terrible). Some of the manifolds have this hole too small and end up with uncontrollable boost.

- Is that a T3 bracket welded to the manifold? Anyway, the face should be machined flat as some of the flanges arrive warped.

- The wastegate there looks like the smaller of the 3 they come with, it's worth disasembling, changing the spring for a better quality one and regreasing it.

- The Downpipe looks like the same one eveyrone else has - they do not fit! For some bizarre reason they supply a DP thats designed for a clocked turbo, but the manifold on the XS kit is not clocked.

- I cannot stress this enough: DO NOT USE any of the oil lines, boost pipes, fitting, fuel lines, FPR, gaskets, etc. ONLY use the manifold, the Wastegate, the dump tube and the downpipe. Every one of the other items failed within weeks or months of use. The gaskets are useless, the fuel lines perish, the fittings leak. Use proper parts here, it'll save you time, money and stress in the long run.

- There's a lot more, but I have to head out...

From someone thats fitted this kit in the past, my advice would be to flog all the XS stuff on ebay now, buy a proper kit from the likes of PHR, Boostlogic or HKS. It will be cheaper and easier in the long run.

Sorry to say this but XS Power is crap...

Im in the same boat as you, just got my first house, got a Single Supra Build on the Go... But i take my time to save up and get decent bits, hence why my car wont be back for a long time, but it's well worth the wait... i bet by the time i get my car on the road, you'd have chopped and changed bits off yours loads of times

Not being nasty, but as some people say, we're only trying to help! Saving you a lot of hassle and money on a long run

BUT saying all that - Good Luck with the Build :thumbs:

Edited by DannoSupra (see edit history)