The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A upgrade

fruity_south

over the past 2 weeks, iv been posting on here abouts what i sould do about things like a N/A to N/A-T conversion, straight swaps for a TT engine and using NOS. have come to a final desission with help from my next door naighbour to buy a lexus soarer or sl400 (think thats right) and use the engine, ecu and wiring loom. the soarer is a 4.0l v8 turbo i think and i really want to add a 150shot of nos. now thats my idea and i know its possible, has anyone done it on here and if so can someone point me in the right direction about whatelse i need and whats best and not best to do.

cheers

over the past 2 weeks, iv been posting on here abouts what i sould do about things like a N/A to N/A-T conversion, straight swaps for a TT engine and using NOS. have come to a final desission with help from my next door naighbour to buy a lexus soarer or sl400 (think thats right) and use the engine, ecu and wiring loom. the soarer is a 4.0l v8 turbo i think and i really want to add a 150shot of nos. now thats my idea and i know its possible, has anyone done it on here and if so can someone point me in the right direction about whatelse i need and whats best and not best to do.

cheers

for a start,the v8 is not a turbo,the only turbo model is a 2.5 twin turbo

and if it was that easy to convert i would of done it years ogo

fair enuff, i nad missed read the turbo bit when looking, but still iv been told the engine fits. same as th gear box just wondering what else is needed other then the engine , ecu and loom

will anyone insure you at 21 with that engine, either one in the supe?

fair enuff, i nad missed read the turbo bit when looking, but still iv been told the engine fits. same as th gear box just wondering what else is needed other then the engine , ecu and loom

The 1UZ v8 lump fits, Thor did a conversion last year and have had the car at various shows.

It's not a drop in job though, lots of custom fabrication is needed for the engine mounts, gearbox mounts, trans tunnel, exhausts, etc and that is NOT cheap!

ok cheers homer. i was under the impression it worked out cheaper then doing the tt engine swap and the n/a-t conversion and was a bit easyer, but obviously its not.

It would really depend what you could get the engine & box for and how handy you are with the spanners.

Making the mounts, alligning the engine, etc (which has to be near mm perfect) is a job for the pro's. Figure at least £1k for that alone. Then custom prop (if the soarer one doesn't fit), stronger diff, custom exhaust. £2.5k would be a start just on labour an materials.

I still maintain a TT engine transplant is by far the best bang for buck upgrade for the NA

the v8 isnt a very quick engine compared to a bpu TT.... the na-t is alot of money time and effot.....if you love ya car and dont want to part with it put in a TT engine

A program i watched about the soarer said that the v8 out of the 3L n/a and the 2.5 TT was the worst of the three

thay are lol slow and a sod to work on..... to be honest the 3.0l n/a soarer is prob the best for relialbity and easy...... thing is if you own a soarer the engine is the least of your problems..... the wiring and air sus are the biggest pain.

sorry goin off the subject arnt we