The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The next stage in the saga!

Matt H

You might have seen my last thread on the situation with my car. But the good news is its not going anywhere near Hyper again.

The car is being picked up on Monday and taken to Matt at AFR from recommendation from people on this forum.

He has promised to take good car of my baby and sort all the issues out.

Matt said he would keep me up to date with progress and pics if necessary so I'll keep posting in this thread as things develop. Or Matt can add as things go if he wants

Fingers crossed for a swift and reasonably priced conclusion :D

Recovery guy, very very well priced:

http://gp-rs.co.uk/

List of Issues taken from my previous post:

Main Issues:

- Engine – Car runs, but seems to be miss firing on idle, gets worse under higher revs Wooohoo! sorted :ecstatic:

- Transmission – Revs raise when put into “D”, but doesn’t engage the wheels whatsoever. People are saying Torque Converter but I have no idea Wooho! we have drive! - just the miss fire now :D

Other issues:

- ABS light is on – presume not working ~ update; found a unit / ECU in the left overs that has ABS written on it!!

- Slip control light is flashing – presume not working ~ Might have something to do with the above

- Speedo not working (probably not plugged in!)

- Heater / Air con doesn’t appear to be working properly temperature wise.

- Bonnet catches need installing

Gauges:

- Defi Gauges need wiring up – EGT / Boost, should have the bits, exhaust it tapped already for EGT, not sure where the boost goes too

- AFR gauge needs wiring up

- Boost controller needs wiring up – Think I need a new solenoid

Checks etc

- Check if restrictor ring is back in the exhaust

- E-manage blue is just floating In the ECU compartment, not sure if its in correctly as the “input required” LED is flashing. Needs securing properly

- Overall tidy up of engine bay were needed. Replacement relay cover needed ~ Sent relay cover down

- Overall Check of car

New suspension

- Tein Flex Coilover Suspension to be fitted.

- Geo allignment to be undertaken

Additional

- Bonnet lifters supplied and to be fitted done i believe

- New crystal repeaters supplied and to be fitteddone i believe also

:)

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be down at AFR checking on 'my' car, so may see you there :)

I am going down there next week also, mini meet :)

Possible see you when i go to pick her up but having it trailered down :)

Hers to the end of the woe then!

Will keep this thread up to date, it's coming in on Monday as I figured the sooner it is here then the sooner it will be fixed. However, bit of a busy week next week so wont get a lot done straight away.

Plan of attack will be the lack of drive first, then it's a methodical testing approach to the wiring - wish me luck :D

Given that the car was fine pre-accident, I'm hopeful that the mechanical parts are fine and something has just been fitted incorrectly. We'll find out soon enough :) Just want the car back with Matt asap.

Update.

The car goes to AFR tomorrow so i was getting things ready car wise and sticking anything i might think might come in useful at AFR in the boot when i came accross.....

A unit / small ecu that had the words ABS written on it!!!!!! anybody want to hazard a quick wager that that might be why the abs and traction dont work!!! :rolleyes:

I'm bloody luckily i decided to get someone to trailer my old shell back to myself as hyper said they wanted to just scrap it.. well amoungst the shell that, i not only must of found the ABS unit in there but i no for sure that i found the restrictor ring lying around in amoungst the heap of stuff in there, plus some of my defi gear! damn good job i did get it back to mine as otherwise all that plus other essential stuff like my god damn locks would have ended up in the big trash compactor in the sky and i wouldnt have know i didnt have a restrictor ring in the exhaust! :rolleyes:

makes me so :angry: due to the callious nature of HSR.

Big white box on top of the stereo with abs printed on it? Has orange plugs at the rear?

Or the small black box mounted on the trans tunnel with the yellow warning stickers?

The smaller one bud - theres two! balls :rolleyes: dont know if the second is in there

Best of luck this time around Matt(s). looking forward to FINALLY seeing the car ;)

Ray

Cheers matey!

Is the car at AFR now matt??????

I may swing by on wens when am passing and take a look at your motor

Probably be there in an hour or 2 bud. feel free :)

ooh p.s, maybe have a look in the boot mate while your there. I've managed to attach the roof holders closest to the rear seats but there doesnt seem to be a way to attach the roof holders that go at the back closest to the rear lights. Got me stumped mate!